Chapter 13

Surprise!

Enjoy!

______________________________________

Chapter 13

"Talk to me?" I asked stupidly pointing a finger to my chest.

He rolled his eyes. "Yes to you." He said his eyes looked stern yet gentle. He looked like he didn't slept well. Just by the look of the deep bruises under his eyes.

"Are you feeling well? It looks like you didn't sleep at all." I said frowning by the sight of his dead zombie expression.

"Kelly didn't want to go to sleep, not with all the candy she ate last night." He said surpassing a yawn.

I just nodded in understanding, flickering my gaze towards the exit.

"Come, we need to talk." He said again mentioning his hand to follow him.

"I can't." I said holding my binder closer to my chest. "I have to get to class." I really did needed to get to class. I'm suppose to take my Pride and Prejudice test today. My strict teacher doesn't do makeup test.

"Come on Nina it's important." He stated his green eyes turned into a pleading expression. That adorable expression he knew I couldn't say no to. "Besides its not the first time you ditch a class." His voice turned soft.

He did had a point there and I was aching on what's so important he wanted to say.

Exactly like two years ago when he told me he was gay.

With a boyfriend...

I nodded in agreement and Ethan looked pleased of my response.

We started to walked towards the quad area, surprised that supervision wasn't there doing there normal runs.

Ethan must have read my mind. "They never do the runs here they're mostly patrolling the gates."

"Oh." Was all that I could say. I couldn't believe that I agreed to follow him and to ditch a class!

We finally settle down behind the locker building. Sitting down to a pair of bleachers, I don't looked his way, instead I started to play with the ends of my scarf.

"You still have the scarf I gave you for Christmas." Ethan said with a note of surprise, his hand grabbed the ends of my scarf. His cool fingers briefly contacted mine, almost making me shiver. I was in shocked that Ethan would remembered.

"The color violet suits you well." He continued as he started to play with the scarf.

"What do you want to talk about." I asked pulling the scarf closer to my neck, hoping he won't catch a glimpse of the love bites.

"Damien." He said in a dark voice that could kill.

"And?" I said not daring to meet his gaze. Feeling his intense eyes trying to make eye contact.

"He's playing with you." he said it so simply that I had to take a double take on what had said.

"I don't want to talk about this." I said aggregated, I stood up not realizing that Ethan still had the hold of my scarf. Which unraveled from my neck, exposing my neck.

I had seen Ethan angry before, remembering the time I set free his pet golden parakeet. It was a prank and we were in middle school. The time he found out I was the one that set it free. He was beyond mad that he hadn't spoke to for a month. Until I bought him a new one as a sign of apology. Though this type of anger I see in his expression is demonically mad.

His bared hands grabbed my shoulders bringing me closer to him. His face was inches from mine, his warm breath fanned my face.

"What the hell is this?" He said flatly.

"Um bruises." I said looking up at him, his face wrinkled in disgust.

"How far did you went with him." He said, he still had his hold on my shoulders.

"What do you mean by far?" I questioned at him.

"Don't play dumb Nina, it was clear that you and Damien had it on. Just by the sight of your wrinkle shirt and your messed up hair." he stated accusingly.

Anger flamed up within me. He had no right to have a say in this. No damn right.

"Are you suggesting that I slept with Damien?" I said I tried to back away from his hold, but he would tighten his hold on me.

"Well by the sight I saw you last night. Those pj shorts and the cami is all the evidence I need." He said in a cold hard voice that I was sure to freeze.

The last statement just snapped something inside of me I never knew I had. I was about to find out.

"Evidence? How dare you say that! You have no say in the relationship I'm with Damien! No say!" I voucher at him pushing him away with me. Which surprisingly he did move.

"So I'm right you did slept with him! Didn't you!" He yelled.

"So what if I did! You have no right!" My hands were shaking with anger that I wanted to hit something or at him. Surprising me in the moment that I'm not a violent person.

Today it's different.

"Yes, I do because I'm your-" He stopped himself.

"I'm your what?!" I hollered at him. Though I knew he was going to say best friend. Stopping himself knowing that we no longer share a bond. He was the one who broke, who left me alone.

I was done.

"That's what I thought." I said I turned away and began to jog away from him, not wanting to say a minute longer with him.

I was surprised that there weren't any tears to shed. As I was used to when Ethan left me. I'm a different person from what I had experience in the past with Ethan. He changed me, made me see what was I missing.

I'm no longer the silly, insecure, and fearful persons any more.

Instead I'm a warrior.

____________________________________

How do you like Nina now?

Let you know that I hadn't finished editing and decided to do it once the story is completed.

Please do point any mistakes on this chapter.

Thank you for the support and your patience for this update hope you love it!

Tell me what you think!

By the way is the movie "Frozen" any good? I was planing to go watch it soon, but tell me your review of the movie. :D

Vote, comment, and fan!