The Candy Prison (2)

Chapter 2:

When the world came back into focus, Annabelle had no idea where she was. At first, her still befuddled mind thought she was in a Nazi concentration camp (she was learning about World War 2 in school), but she soon realized that World War 2 was over, and she wasn't in a Nazi prison regardless. But she was in some sort of prison, Nazi or not. This wasn't a normal prison however... the bars on the door were red and white, and with a start Annabelle realized they were candy canes! Surprised, Annabelle whirled around and took in the rest of the prison. There was a chocolate bench raised about a foot above the stale cookie floor by two licorice ropes. More candy cane bars were fitted over a small window that let in Annabelle's only light. A cracked and hardened gumdrop bowl filled with water sat in corner. There was nothing else in the cell. Desperate to escape, Annabelle wildly surveyed then room again and again. Suddenly, an idea hit her like a stone. She could EAT her way out! She darted over to the door and began to lick. Mere seconds after, the candy cane reformed. Suddenly, she heard a laugh from the hallway.

"Nice try!" it said, with a hint of amusement. When the speaker came into view, Annabelle nearly fainted. It had a body like a human, but nothing else was the same. Her skin was a light pink, and it had darker pink swirls in abstract forms. She had strawberry blonde hair that was straight and fell to the middle of her back. Her eyes where milky-white, and they had pink pupils that seemed to swirl in never repeating patterns. She had high cheekbones and a long neck. She was very skinny and tall. She looked at Annabelle with an expression of bemusement on her pink face.

"Humans..." she said. She suddenly turned on her heel and left, leaving Annabelle confused, sad, and just plain desperate. Not knowing what else to do, Annabelle curled up on the bench and drifted off.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

When she woke up again, it was nearly pitch black. There was the tiniest hint of light coming in from the window, just barely enough to see outlines of shapes. Annabelle had a fear of the dark already, and this was much more then the little the-lights-are-all-turned-off fear. Everywhere she looked, there was black, or the tiniest hint of silver. Natural fear began to kick in. Her eyes grew wider, as if daring them to let her see something, anything. The trembling hit her like a wave. Goosebumps rose on her arms, legs, and neck, and soon after, the hyperventilating started. She gasped and trembled and was barely getting enough air. Soon enough, she wasn't getting enough air, and she fell into another realm of darkness.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hello everyone! If you read this far, please leave a comment telling me what you think. Ideas and impovements are welcome :) Also, please excuse my spelling and grammar mistakes :D

-Pbskids