Chapter 15

"Hey Laura" Ross yelled from downstairs.

"Yes"

"We gotta talk" he yelled as he ran up the stairs.

Every time anyone says that it can't be good. Ive seen it in movies how this is usually where the girl gets her heart broken. Have I done something wrong? Oh my gosh.

"What about..." I asked hesitant

I'm not sure if I want the answer or not.

"Your mom was talking to your dad again..." Ross said sitting next to me handing me a juice box. Yes a juice box, I love those things.

I let out a loud breathe.

"Just now? " I asked.

"Yeah. I am not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing. I read about when people go through traumatic losses they tend to still think every thing is okay."

"Do you think I should ask her? Or like casually bring it up?"

"I don't know." he said rubbing his head.

"I think we should tell your mom. She always knows what to do."

It's true Stormie is the best. She always has a answer. You can tell her anything.

"Let's call her" Ross said pulling out his phone from the back pocket of his ripped up jeans.

We told Stormie what was going on and she told us she would come by. I wasn't nervous about all of this but I want my mother to be okay.

When Stormie arrived my mother was very happy. She told her she had much to tell her. Ross and I went up to the top of the stairs.

"You wanna go get some hot chocolate at the coffee shop of something?" Ross asked.

"Ooo that's sounds good."

We got up and told our mothers. We have to bring them some too. This coffee shop makes the best hot chocolate. I don't know what they do to it but it's so good.

When we got to the coffee shop. I got out of Ross truck and walked over to him and we held hands as we walked into the coffee shop. I looked up and saw all the people I didn't want to see. I gripped Ross hand a little tighter.

He leaned down a little and whispered to me "It's okay, I am not going to let them even speak to you."

Once we got in the line, which was very long for some reason one of the girls got in line right behind us. Really?

Ross spoke "Laur, what did your mom want again?"

"Umm I think she just wanted some hot chocolate" I said looking up at him.

"Got it."

About 2 minutes later we were next in line. And you know how they have two cash registers so two people can order at once. Well they opened the second one and I found Brittany standing next to me. She got a donut. We orders our four hot chocolates.

She acted like she didn't know we were in front of her "Oh hey guys" she exclaimed.

Ross did a small "I don't really care" wave...I've taught him well.

I didn't do anything.

After we got our hot chocolate we headed towards the door.

"See you guys at school." she said "Bye Laura"

"Goodbye" Ross said with slight anger in his voice.

Aw he's so protective.

I was silent. What do I say? Ugh.

"I'm sorry" Ross finally said. "This is all my fault."

"Stop. They don't like me for other reasons too."

"Yeah what are they?" Ross snapped. I just looked at him, stopping, near his car in the parking lot.

I don't think he's mad at me.

I didn't say anything. He opened his door putting the hot chocolate into the console. And slammed the door. I've never seen him mad like this before. He walked back across the parking lot where Brittany was getting into her porsche. I quickly walked over.

"Why can't you just leave her alone? She's been through enough. The last thing she needs is you tormenting her." Ross stated.

He was right.

"She doesn't deserve you and you know it." Brittany spit out.

"I'm standing right here. You can speak with me." I said.

Brittany looked at me. Turned to Ross "Why do you even like her?"

"Because she is everything your not." Ross simply said.

"I don't have time for bullshit when you realize that she isn't good enough you know where to find me." she said getting into her porsche and driving away. The witch is gone.

Ross turned to me. I looked at him mad, not at him, her.

I covered my face.

Ross simply pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead.

"Let's just go home." I said.

"I agree." Ross said.

*

We got home giving the hot chocolates to our mothers and went up to Ross room. I really don't feel like talking. I sat on Ross bean bag chair. I put my hot chocolate on the side table in his room. And leaned back and closed my eyes.

"Laur you can sleep on my bed. I promise you it's more comfortable." Ross said getting up to help me up.

He reached his hands out but I didn't reach for his yet.

"Thank you" I said.

Ross laughed "You usually say thank you after the persons helped you."

"I mean from before." I said now grabbing his hands. He pulled me up and carried me to his bed.

*******************************************************************************
I'm so sorry guys this was short. I haven't had any good ideas. Anyone have any? Comment!!! thanks 💛