Chapter 3 The Truth

I folded my wings and we sat on my bed. Mom sat in silence so I spoke up. "Mom what am I?" I asked "a fairy" she replied. "A- a fairy?" I asked. She nodded. "Are you and dad fairies?" I asked "I am but your father is human" she replied. "So I'm half fairy?" I asked "yes" she replied. "Why didn't you tell me?" I asked "I wasn't sure how you would take it. I was afraid" she admitted. "I'm not mad I think it's really cool" I replied. She laughed and hugged me. "What do your wings look like?" I asked the same as yours but green" she said "cool" I replied. "Wanna go for a fly? I wanna show you something" mom asked. " sure" I replied. My mom went to her room wearing a shirt with two slits in the back but they looked like it was designed like that. "Where'd you get that shirt?" I asked "there's a store for fairies to go shopping for stuff like this" she answered. "Can we go sometime?" I asked "sure" she replied. We walked outside and went deep into the woods. Soon we reached an open area with a stream and some trees doted around. Mom sat down on a log and gestured for me to sit down. I sat down beside her and she held out her hand. Suddenly a green flower grew out of the ground. I did the same and a blue flower bloomed next to hers. I looked at her and smiled. She gave me a look of pride and stood up. "You can fly that size but its way more fun small" she said "what'd ya mean?" I asked "you can shrink" she said. "What really?" I asked "yup all ya gotta do is picture yourself shrinking and you'll shrink" she explained. I nodded and did what I was told. At first nothing happened but suddenly I felt myself get smaller and smaller until I was the size of the mushroom next to me. I also noticed that I had no clothes on! I looked around and saw my clothes were in a pile beside me. I grabbed a big leaf and wrapped it tightly around me. My mom shrunk too. I looked away and a few moments later she tapped on my shoulder. I turned around to see her in a beautiful dress made out of green leaves that matched her wings and pink flower petals with an open back. "Where'd you get that dress and why am I naked?" I asked "I made it and when you shrink your clothes fall off" she explained "do you have any other clothes?" I asked. She nodded and led me over to a stash of dresses made out of stuff found in the woods. I picked up a beautiful dress made from white and blue flower petals and tiny blue flowers across the top. Like moms, it was open backed. "Can I wear this?" I asked "sure it's too small for me now" she replied. I went behind a tree which I just realized looked huge and slipped on the dress. I looked at the flowers on the dress and made a few with my powers and put them in my hair. I walked out from behind the tree and mom gasped. "What's wrong?" I asked "you look gorgeous" she replied. I blushed "let's fly!" I said taking off into the air. Mom laughed and took off after me. I flew up above the trees, when I reached the clouds I folded my wings and fell through the sky. I passed mom and waved she waved back. I smiled as I felt the wind in my hair, blowing the flowers away. When I was reaching the top of the trees I opened my wings and flew upward a bit before slowly drifting to the ground. I landed with a small thump and waited for mom to come back. When she did we flew until dark and then I went behind a tree, took off my dress grew back to human size, put back on my clothes and we went home.