Chapter Thirteen

Hi All

First off I'm going to apologise for two things one the wait and two this crappy chapter, lots happens because the story line needed a kick up the arse. 

No character cast for this chapter

This chapter is dedicated to gaaralover89

I have a new shared account with a new story up called Blood for a Price which I'm writing with DoomKittyEllie there's a link on my profile page.

Also a new poem (Let Her Go) and short story (Lingering Warmth) on my account

That's all  I'll try and type this next chapter faster.

LuckyUnluckyGirl xx

The word perfect for this moment is fuck. As in fuck, why can’t the earth swallow me whole at this exact moment? I can read Heath’s thoughts clear as day in his eyes, ‘Blaze will have that angel’s head before the week is out.’ While beside him, Jen’s expression is just as clear ‘who should I tell first?’

Now this is a new level of bad. My emotions and my body have not been working in perfect harmony lately and so this is the result, me making out with well Parker who only reminds me of everything I want to leave behind and everything I want to get past.  And for all the secrets I am he has kept many more from me.  I don’t like Parker like this and yet here I am. Part of my mind refuses to keep reality grounded for me, vivid memory of lips on mine pulling me into the abyss of wishing.

“Lela, I think you’ve been leaving things out of your little tal—“ but Jen is interrupted. For the first time since I've gotten back Heath has something to say to me. “I think it’s time I showed you something.”

Now awkward is waking up next to a stranger after a night of ‘unforgettable,’ ‘amazing’ sex, this is worse. Way worse.  Siting in silence, in a car, alone, with Heath, driving to somewhere I don’t even know.  I do know we can’t be near town, the forest is too thick, like outskirts of the pack lands thick. Then I see it, not that there’s much too see but there’s enough to know it’s not meant to be there.

Heath pulls up not three metre from the collection of ruin-like walls. Pallets of bricks still in their binds, timber lined up, roof tiles in rows on the ground. Getting out of the car, the slam of the door seems too loud because here there isn’t a noise to break the violence, not even a rustle of passing animals. “it’s creepy how even the animals won’t go near it now,” Heath muses, his own eyes travelling over the sight of the half built house.  

I don’t know what this means or what happened here but it looks like the forest itself is rejecting the broken walls, the greenery keeping its distance but I feel the peace here, the calm. Stepping carefully towards it, I can see the rotted roofing structure that’s crumbled into the halls of the house, creating a maze of lost dreams.

“he was going to have it ready by your anniversary,” my steps take a momentary pause before returning to normal. In my peripheral vision I can make out Heath watching me a small smug smile on his face. “A studio for you, an office for him. Room for kids when you wanted them.” I give a small scoffing laugh. “it was to go with the ring,” my head turns to Heath  so fast I can feel the kink in it now. “and then-“

“then the anniversary came and went and he started acting shifty and then I found him in bed with her and I died. I know this story.”

“you didn’t know how committed he was to you, the ring, the house.” A mean laugh rips through me, prickling sensations all through my fingertips, the least of my concerns right now. “you didn’t see the switch he flipped on everything he had planned, I did Lela and none of it was what the Blaze I know would do.”