Chapter Eight

"I can't believe you! I thought this would work Annabelle!"

"Well I can't believe you either! Can't you support me for once Jessie? I thought that-"

"No. You listen to me Annabelle Manchester. My tournament is this Friday. You can make it or you can miss it."

"Jessie..."

"Goodbye."

The beep turns on again... "we should go to bed guys..." I sigh, "okay." Kate says, as she changes into her panda onesie. Allison is already asleep, snoring.

The lights go out.

I wake up. "Want a donut?" Allison ask, eating a chocolate donut as Kate rummages through her side of the walk-in-closet. "Sure." I say, as I grab a strawberry one. And ran out the door.

I finally get to my class. With my donut. "No eating in class." My teacher insists, "okay fine..." I groan, as I throw it in the trash can. I look over at Jason...

Maybe I'll talk to him today...

"What was that Annabella?" My teacher asks.

That's not my damn name, douchebag.

"Oh! Sorry, what?"I ask, "page seven of our first science textbooks. You should be paying attention and stop focusing on boys." He inquired, as I speed through the pages and start reading. It's sort of hard to read because suddenly me and Jason meet eyes.

Oh jeez, what do I do? Uh... just keep reading!

I keep reading but Jason can't stop staring at me, even after I read! Once the bell rings he walks toward me.

Oh my god, what do I do?

"H-hi." I say, "hi. I'm Jason remember? You met me in the lake when you fell on my friend..." he says, as I turn red. "Yeah. I remember that." I tell him, "okay cool. Do you wanna meet me outside later?" He asks, "okay!" I cheer, as he smiles. "Cool! It's just with a group of friends I'll see you there." He says, "you too..." I sigh.

After all of my classes I get ready. "Okay... time to dye your hair..." Allison says, "what." I say, as Kate slowly pushes away the dye and calmly says, "not today Allison..." I laugh and start getting ready. Once I'm finally ready, I go to the courtyard and I see light. I walk over to where it seems to be coming from and I see a fire and people are surrounded by it. "Guys that's Annabelle Manchester! She's royalty so I wanted you guys to meet her! Look! She's so pretty! See?" Jason exclaimed, "thanks..." I say, blushing.

He called me pretty!!

"Sit with us." A girl says, "what's your name?" I ask, "Roxy. Why?" She questions me, "it's nothing... I'm just wondering..." my voice trails off, we all talk for a while. Mostly about boring school stuff... I didn't get much... at the end of the 'hangout thing' or something, Jason asked if we could talk alone by the lake and I agreed.

Should I seriously do this?

"Do you wanna go out with me?" He asks, as I look at him straight in the eye.

Will this last?

"Sure."