Epilogue: Reunion

It's been three months since the whole thing with the Over Tower went down. Aoba and Akira returned home and after a little bit of time, they were able to get themselves living their everyday life. However, both of them were without Allmates, now. After the tower collapsed, Aoba discovered that Ren's consciousness had disappeared from the dog body. Now, it lies in Aoba's room in a sleeping position.

Koujaku returned to his job as the best hairdresser in town. Clear decided he would go back to the house where he and his grandfather lived, sometimes dropping by to see Aoba and Akira, although they have been able to go to his house now. Noiz decided to leave for a little bit. They didn't know where he went or why, but knowing Noiz, he'd eventually come back. Mink, however, didn't make an appearance again. No matter what Aoba or Akira did to find him, he never showed. And now, Akira and Aoba were back to work at Junk Shop Mediocrity.

It was another easy day at the Junk Shop. Aoba was at the desk, taking calls and writing down customer's orders. Akira was checking stock and making sure everything was placed neatly. The phone rang that evening, a little bit before Aoba and Akira were to end their shifts.

"Thank you for calling Junk Shop Mediocrity," Aoba said as he answered, "How can I help you today?" He paused, "Akira? Yeah, she's right here. May I ask who's calling?" Akira stopped what she was doing and looked to him. He held the phone to her, "It's for you." She set the box down and walked to him, taking the phone and pressing it to her ear.

"Hello?" She asked

"Hello, this is Miss Akira Amaterasu?" A woman asked on the other line.

"Yes."

"Hi. I'm calling from the Midorijima General Hospital. It's our understanding you are the emergency contact for a patient of ours by the name of Mizuki, is that correct?" Akira let out a sigh.

"I'm so sorry. I've been meaning to come in and talk to the doctor, but a lot has happened recently and I just haven't been able to have the time, nor bring myself to the hospital, when I do."

"No, it's all right, Miss Amaterasu. We just--"

"I'll come in tomorrow if you'd like. I don't work. I really am sorry."

"Miss Amaterasu.  You don't need to come in tomorrow. I'm calling on a different matter about Mizuki." Akira paused.

"What? What do you mean? Aren't you asking me to come in, so I can authorize for you to take Mizuki off of his life support?"

"That's the thing, Miss Amaterasu. Mizuki is awake and he's asking for you."

Akira felt her heart skip a beat. She nearly dropped the phone as she heard her say that. She gripped the phone and blinked her eyes several times, snapping into reality.

"W-Wait...Are you...serious?"

"Yes. He is completely conscious and remembers you. He wants to see you." Akira still felt as though she was in a dream. Was this really happening?

"O-okay. Yeah, I'm on my way. Thank you." She hung up the phone and gasped.

"What is it?" Aoba asked.

"It's Mizuki! He's awake, Aoba!" Aoba stood up, his eyes wide with shock.

"You're serious?! He is?"

"That's what they told me. I got to go to him."

"Yeah, go, go! I'll call Koujaku." Akira raced out of the shop and began to sprint to the hospital.

By the time Akira arrived at the hospital, it was dark out. She rushed to the fronts desk, panting heavily.

"I'm here to..." She panted, "See Mizuki."