Chapter 8. Adversity

Author's Note

So this chapter is different. It is the beginning chapter of episode 8 of the anime, but it shifts to being my own fanfic chapter. The next chapter will pick up episode eight, but I figures if this is a fanfiction, I should throw in a chapter or two about Akira. I also realized that Akira has cried at least once through every chapter, but I'm sure you guys can see why she does. I have her set up to be an emotional person and she sheds tears for others, but she's also the kind of person who helps others and forgets to take care of herself.

I do hope you guys are enjoying this at least a little bit. I know I'm having fun writing it out. Thanks everyone! :D

-------------------------------------------------

They watched the figure for a few minutes and soon transparent computer screens began to pop up, giving just a little bit of light, but it was enough to see who it was.

"Noiz?" Akira called out.

"Him again?" Aoba asked. He flipped on the lights, which caused Noiz to stop what he was doing, "Hey, Noiz. What are you doing here?" Noiz stood up, the screens disappeared, and as he turned, they saw Ren in his arms, a screwdriver in one hand.

"Oh, hey." He said, "Look who's here."

"Ren!" Aoba exclaimed. Aoba rushed to him, "What are you doing?! Let him go!" Aoba grabbed Ren and struggled to get him out of Noiz' hold, "Give him here, damn it!"

"Aoba, stop!" Akira demanded. Noiz lost his grip on Ren, but the screwdriver cut his hand. Aoba walked away and set Ren on the coffee table, "Aoba!"

"Ren!" Aoba called to his Allmate, but he was unresponsive.

"I didn't do anything that'd hurt him, all right? You're being weird right now." Noiz said. Aoba looked to him, "He's just an Allmate. Why in the hell are you getting all pissed off like that? Lame, dude."

"Look, jackass--" Before he could continue, Ren woke back up, then stood to his feet. Aoba looked to him, "Ren!" He picked him up, "Are you okay?"

"I'm good, thanks for asking." Ren answered.

"All right. That's good to hear."

"I told you I didn't break him, all right?" Noiz sat in an armchair. Akira gasped as she noticed his hand was bleeding.

"Oh, no, Noiz! You're hand's bleeding." She said as she came to him.

"Yeah. Looks like the screwdriver." Akira grabbed his hand.

"Did I do that? Sorry about that. We've got to stop it." Aoba said.

"There should be a first aid kit in the kitchen or bathroom, one of the two." Akira informed.

"Right, I got it." Aoba stood up and went to the kitchen first.

"Don't touch me, I'll do it." Noiz said.

"Oh, shut it, Noiz." Akira responded. She looked it over. It was a small cut, but it definitely broke through a couple of layers. Aoba returned, soon after, with a box. He opened it for her and she put some disinfectant on it, before putting a band-aid on it. Suddenly, Aoba's watch began to ring. Ren twitched his ears.

"You have a game application waiting." He stated.

"Another one?" Aoba asked. He opened the game and sure enough, it was Silent Oath again. The game showed another demo of a blond character locked in a room.

"That's strange," Noiz stated.

"Strange?"

"This game. I think I've played it before, but I don't remember this."