Chapter 18 ~ Conversation

“Magkapatid kayo?!” naguguluhang tanong ni Jeron. Kami na lang naiwan dito sa table namin yung iba nagkakasayawan na.

“Yes. She’s my Ate.” I said and he just nodded.

We stop chatting when we realize that were having difficulty to understand what we’re saying to each other because of the loud music. I continue drinking this margarita while Jeron excuse himself. I’m loving this tequila, how it leave a hot lines unto my throat.

“Come on. Let’s go home.” Said by Jade and took a seat beside me. She looks irritated, her arms are crossed over her chest and I can see anxious in her face.

“Take this, Achi.” I handed a glass of tequila to her. It took long before she accept the glass and drink it straight with a smirk into her face.

“Did you just call me Achi? Haha. You must be drunk.” She stated and sips the next glass of tequila in front of her. I just smiled as an answer. There’s something in Jades’ face while she’s laughing, this is the first time she laugh with me. She has this adorable face and beautiful smile, I just remember how she reacts for what happened to me a while ago, and she totally looks concerned.

“Why are you smiling?” I shook my head and continue to drink. Feel ko maglasing, minsan lang kasi ito then focus on studies and work.

Shit! Maybe I’m drunk- I can see stars over my head, a little dizzy. I should at least dance, I was staying here and just have a glass of drinks since we take this table. I’m just scared to join them because I caught the pervert guy looking at me every time I roam my eyes to their table.

“Is Jeron courting you?” she asked in a way of whispering and looks straight into my eyes. She’s serious this time, parang mala-ateng tanungan.

“I don’t know.” I answered and look away. I feel awkwardness is in the air.  Why is she asking like this?

“Then, you we’re just flirting each other? Am I right?” sobrang seryoso niyang tanong. The truth is… hindi ko rin alam kung ano meron kami.  I just decide not to answer her question. Feel ko kasi parang may problema itong si Jade, bigla naman nagbago ang ugali.  

“Maybe you’re falling for him.” She said and I saw her smiling bitterly. “Maybe you’re falling for him” I repeated into my head as I thought what she just told me.

“I-..”

She didn’t let me finish to answered when she stand up and slowly face me with an angry, serious, concern and bothered expression in her face.

“Try your very best not to fall, especially he’s a Teng. I know you've fallen.  I don’t want you to get hurt in the end. Take this as my advice because I will not able to say anything like this again.” She let a heavy sighed before continued. “Take the right path, Jane.” I can see a tear falls from her eyes that she immediately wiped.

“What are you talking about?” I know there’s a meaning behind those words and Jade just smiled to me bitterly. May takot din sa mga mata niya.

“Sooner or later you will know everything. Let’s just wait for the right time. We should not take things in rush.” She laughed and it’s a fake laughed.

“Just forget it! You don’t have to believe me. It’s your choice, anyway.” And she takes her steps to the dance floor. I can see her now dancing with the girls and the boys. They were dancing there happily and I was left here dumbfounded. I was stunned for what Jade told me before.

Pinag iisipan ko ng maigi ang mga sinabi ng kapatid ko. Hindi naman ata niya yun sasabihin lang ng walang dahilan, diba? Or maybe dala lang ng alak kaya nasabi niya yun. I know she’s hiding something, and I want to find what it is. Tumingin naman ako sa kanila and there! Jeric and Jades’ stop dancing they were talking but my sister gives Jeric a deadly stares. After a minutes Jade walks out and Jeric follows her until my eyes can’t trail where the two goes.