Getting Back Together

A few days later, Braedey had arrived at the Coolsville International Airport, and was heading to the gate where the airline 'Spooky Air' will be, so he'll head to Spooky Island. And while he was walking there, there was a strangely familiar fellow passenger going to Spooky Island as well. If he could see well, he could see Fred wearing sunglasses and a jean jacket, looking around before his flight would take off.

"No way." Braedey said.

Fred looked around, then saw Braedey and took off his glasses. "Braedey, is that you?" He sounded surprised.

"Yeah, it's me." Braedey sounded happy to see his friend again. "It's great to see you again."

"What's up?" Fred asked, trying to sound casual as he put his brochure into his bag until it would be time to go on the plane.

"Oh, well, things have been great." Braedey admitted, but deep down, he felt lonely. "Although, things haven't been the same without you or the others-"

"Fred?" a familiar voice asked.

Fred looked to see the brains behind Mystery Inc. walking up to him and Braedey "Velma?"

"Velma?" Braedey asked as he looked and saw the brains behind the Mystery Inc. as well.

"Braedey?" Velma looked rather shocked to see him. Then, she hugged the brunette, and he smiled to her. "It's so good to see you again."

"Same here, Velma." Braedey smiled back.

"A-Are you going this way?" Fred asked, he was a little nervous to be talking with her after not speaking to her for a long time.

"Umm... Mm-hmm..." Velma nodded a little nervously, then let go of Braedey walked with him and Fred. "How have you, uhh..."

"Been?"

"Y-Yeah..."

"Great... Great..."

This was rather awkward.

"So, what have you guys been up to?" Braedey asked his two friends who he considered family.

"Well, I've been working with my new book." Fred pulled out a blue book with his face on it. "'Fred on Fred: The Many Face of Me'."

"Jinkies, that's impressive." Velma said.

"What about you, Velma?" Braedey asked.

"I've been working at NASA, developing hydro-powered missiles defence systems." Velma replied as if it was nothing, but Braedey and Fred thought it was extraordinary. "And on top of that, I'm on a journey of self-discovery."

"Wow. NASA? That's big." Braedey told her, as they walked over to the gate.

"Charter service to Spooky Island will begin boarding momentarily." A woman on the loudspeakers said, as people were at the gate.

Braedey walked over to the gate, and handed his ticket in. "One to Spooky Island." He said to the woman at the front gate.

"I'm sorry, but anyone under the age of 15 must be accompanied with an older person." The woman told him, and Braedey soon realised the problem.