Chapter two

Millie had come into my room with me laying on my bed alone. "Good! You are going to sleep! You will look relaxed when we make our first apperence in the Capitol! "She had told me. But I couldnt sleep, so I just sat there, trying not to make Millie grouchy that I am not atleast trying not to sleep. It wasn't that I had nightmares, I just couldn't sleep anywhere other than my own room. Once it is late enough, I got up, and got in the shower, trying to wipe away my tiredness. The shower feels nice, hot, bumpy water, just the way I like it when I visit my aunt in the capitol to serve her friends on occasion.

Even though I am in the second highest ranking district, we still cannot get into the capitol, unless we are serving our family, or their friends while we are up there. Still I couldn't refuse the offer, whenever I got one. The last time I went there, my aunt, Kunnsie, had made a new friend. I was used to the usual, Kindal, Wallis, Cuntee, and Mollison, but, like I said, she had made a new friend, Maxxy. I really liked Maxxy at first, she would give me the simple tasks that would let me stay, like go feed the dog please, or please go grab my brush, and also maybe, can you go pour me another cup of lemonade please. Stuff like that. But after about two days, on my three week trip, she started chores secretly so the others wouldn't be upset that she was making me her slave. That's the exact opposite of what Kunnsie wanted. She started to give me orders like, Go pick up gas for our car, and pay for it with your own money, and rub my feet, and back, or make us a four star dinner. She always said it in a harsh voice, never being nice. But what made it so terrible, was the last order. She ordered me to go kill my aunt. She told me that they where never friends, that Kunnsie had put her on her will for a big amount of money, and she wanted her nephew from a district to kill her. I said no, and she slapped me, so I grabbed her and locked her in a closet, to let Kunnsie and the peacekeepers to deal with her.

Once my body feels and smells clean I get out. I go to my room, leaving wet footprints on the nice carpet. In my room waits Millie. "Oh! I am sorry! Here, I will leave and wait until you are dressed!" She looks down at my towel across my waist.

"Ok. Thanks, I will get you when I am dressed."  I say very confused. Most of the people in the Capitol are used to naked bodies. I look in my dresser to find some of the weirdest looking clothes I have ever seen. I pick out some navy blue sweat pants, a soft undershirt, and a black sweatshirt. I also put on a pare of slippers. I open up the door, and Milli is waiting across the hall.

Her face is frightened "You chose to wear... that!?" Milli is wearing a pink dress that goes right under her butt, it has shiny streaks of mustard color on them. "Kill me now! We are picking something else to put you in!"

"No." I tell her instantly. I refuse to be caught dead wearing that. If I do die in the Hunger Games, I will make sure that my mentors, or family will be in charge of dressing me. She gives a sigh and tells me I need to be down to the dinning room in 15 minutes. Then she looks at her watch and changes her mind, 13 minutes. I nod, and she leaves. I have heard rumors that Effie Trinket is very uptight about time too. Cousins, only one of them can have a child survive, I feel bad, but not terrible. I head over to Clove's room, to find her standing in front of her mirror with wide eyes. She must have let Milli choose her outfit, because they are wearing the same thing.

"Milli said that we will be twinners, and be the talk of the hour." Says Clove. Talk of the "hour" I think, that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life.

"Well, she tried to choose my outfit, I am really glad I didn't let her put me into anything like that. What next, is she going to try to give us whiskers or something?" We laugh together, then sit down.

"I think that we have to get to know each other more if... you know, we are going to work as a team, until the VERY end." She explains to me how she is very handy with knives, but is not strong enough to be very good with a spear. She can pin people down though. I tell her, that I am the exact opposite with the weapons, but I can pin people down also. "We will make a great team." She practically squeals. I look at the clock, and I panic a little.

"Millie said we had to be down five minutes ago!" I grab her arm, and we head down the hallway, tripping over each other, making a commotion. 

Millie's glare is digging into my neck, "Took you both long enough, I hope you are glad you all made our dinner cold..." They only waited five extra minutes, the food cant be that much of a difference. But I just go along with it, hoping for her glare to fade. "We will be arriving in the Capitol in thirty three minutes, precisely I would hurry and eat if I were you, and Cato, please go at least change into some jeans..." I take a few bights of everything. Steak, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob. (Milli doesn't touch that, she says her hands will be shiny from butter, and she will have corn in her teeth.) It is such a good dinner, I am sad that I get full so fast. I quickly go to my corridor, and change into a dark green long sleeve shirt, with REALLY light yellow stripes on it, and a pair of the nicest jeans I could find, to make Millie happy. I step out of my door, and I see Clove has changed too, she is wearing a blue t-shirt, with a black, half way zipped up hoodie. 

"Millie is going to love me, and hate you." I tell her.

"I know." And she pulls me back through her door, and pulls out a shirt that is the same color as mine, and pulls out nicer jeans. She strips down to her underwear, and I notice that she has a long scar going from her ribs to her waist. "My father got mad at me one night while he was drunk, I was six years old, and that is why I am so good at handling a knife, for protection." I can tell by her expression that she doesn't want to talk about it at all. "Well, now Millie wont hate me as much, you will just have to give me some credit."

"That wont be to hard since you did do everything." I smile at her, a sad smile. I cannot get over the idea of somone hurting her, and that is when I realize that I am in trouble. We are going into the Hunger Games, she is going to have to get hurt for me to not.