Mixed Emotions

Author’s note

ABUSE IS MORE COMMON THAN YOU MIGHT THINK

REPORT HOMOPHOBIC VIOLENCE- www.rhpv.ca

Love is love, no matter what’s between your legs! Keep fighting for your rights, because no matter where you are, you are just as important as everybody else!!!

Healing Harry’s Heart

Chapter 8

Harry’s POV

The rest of the week passed quickly, and as foretold, Snape didn’t perform a medical exam on me. I wasn’t about to complain though, so I just let it be. Nott was worried, because he was afraid I might have an infection on my back, and Malfoy kept hinting that he thought I should go to Madam Pomfrey, but I ignored them.

On Saturday morning, I decided to sit beside Ginny for breakfast, and we started talking about our new house.

“I’m surprised that everybody’s so nice here.” Said Ginny, “I cursed this one girl at breakfast, and by lunch she was acting like we were best friends!”

“I know!” I said, “I expected everyone to hate me, but everybody’s being really nice.”

“I was sad to be moving here at first,” replied Ginny, “but then I thought that at least I’d have you.” Ginny blushed, and I smiled at her.

“I was glad to have you in my house to,” I said shyly, and I heard Nott snort into his breakfast cereal.

Ginny scowled at Nott, and I made a mental note to curse him later. “Let’s go somewhere more private.” I said.

Draco snickered, and Crabbe started laughing loudly, so I was sure they got the wrong idea about what we would be doing.

I grabbed Ginny’s hand and led her out of the Great Hall and up the stairs towards the room of requirement. I was sure we wouldn’t be interrupted up there.

I asked the room of requirement to give me somewhere where we can have a private conversation, but apparently it read a bit deeper into my thoughts, so that when we walked in, there was just a winding stone staircase. We walked up the stairs and found ourselves in the astronomy tower.

“As we were saying, I really feel that I belong in Slytherin. The Gryffindors turned on me every time something happened, but the boys in my Dormitory really understand what I’ve been through.”

“What do you mean, ‘what you’ve been through’?” she asked.

I hesitated for a moment, wondering whether or not to reveal my deepest secret to her.

“The Dursleys… like to discipline me. They can sometimes get a bit rough. They also hurt me in… other ways. Not just with words. You know… other ways.”

“They abuse you Harry?” shrieked Ginny, “Why didn’t you tell us.”

“Abuse is a strong word….” I mumbled, but she just glared at me.

“Take off the glammors.” She demanded.

“What glammors?” I asked innocently, “I have no clue what you’re talking about.”

“I know you didn’t go to Madam Pomfrey!” she yelled, “Nobody forced you, and your ego is too big to go to her yourself, and there’s no way your relatives ‘disciplined’ you without leaving marks.”

I turned away so she wouldn’t see the expression on my face.

“Just take the glammors off Harry, please.”