We're almost there

Chapter 2

P.S. This part here is set in between the fifth and sixth years.

Day before the journey to Hogwarts

Harry’s POV

   I woke up, and my entire body was sore. Slowly, I raised my head, and was surprised to see that there was light coming through the windows, and the clock said it was eight o’clock in the morning. I was extremely surprised that the Dursleys had let me sleep in, and was pondering my good fortune, when all of a sudden the door was thrown open with a bang, and my luggage was thrown through the doorway, narrowly missing my head.

    “Pack your stuff,” my Uncle growled, “You’ve got to catch your train.”

“What?” I mumbled groggily, “Why the bloody hell would I pack my stuff?! The train doesn’t leave until tomorrow!!”

“I don’t care when your bloody train leaves!” he yelled, his face turning red, “I’m taking you to the station today!”

“Well.. why would you take me to kings Cross today, if my train comes tomorrow?!”

“Boy, I don’t give a flying f*** in space when your train come, I told pack your bags, so you will!!!” he screamed, accentuating his anger with a slap across my face.

I scrambled backwards, and barely escaped another flying fist.

“I’m sorry Uncle Vernon! I’m sorry, I won’t back talk you again!”  pleaded, tired of getting beaten for stating my opinions, “I’ll listen.”

Uncle Vernon narrowed his eyes, like he wanted to slap me again, but lumbered out of the room, and locked the door behind him, leaving me to gather my things. As soon I heard Vernon go down the stairs, I pried up my lose floor board, and started to pack my things. I took out my things, one by one, reminiscing about all of them.

The first thing I grabbed was a picture of my parents, and just looking at it brought tears to my eyes. If they were alive, I wouldn’t be in this situation in the first place… but then again, if I wasn’t alive, my parents would still be here. I held the picture close to my heart, then dropped it into my suitcase.

   The next thing I grabbed was my wand, which I’d managed to hide from the Dursley’s  so they wouldn’t snap it in half. I sighed, and wished I’d been allowed to use it during the summer, but the ministry wouldn’t believe me if I told them I’d been using it in self defense.

The final thing I took from my hiding place, was my piece from Sirius' mirror. again, it brought tears to my eyes, as I realised that it was the last thing I had of Sirius. There was not even a grave to visit, because his body was gone through the veil.

i silently sobbed, holding the shard of Sirius' mirror until Uncle Vernon banged open the door and I curled into a ball.

"Get up." he smirked and i shuffled onward, out the door and down the stairs, trying to shy away from uncle Vernon’s meaty hand which was clutching my shoulder while lugging my trunk along in the other hand.

I moved stiffly out the front door, while Vernon threw a ratty blanket  over my shoulders to hide my injuries.

The drive to Kings Cross was uncomfortable and filled with many glares and smacks across the back of the head.