Chapter 3- Thank You Stakers!!!

CHAPTER 3-

“SHE’S MY GIRLFRIEND!”

ROBIN’S POV-

Smack! Swoosh! Smack! Swoosh! Smack! Swoosh! Smack! Swoosh! The sound echoed every time Dan’s body twisted sending a puck in front of him flying into the goal. It was amazing that I was better than him, well not to be so selfish just he thought so but I didn’t. He was the best hockey player I had ever seen on TV and off. The cold air slipped though Dan's shirt calmly cooling me but leaving a slight shiver. Dan's shirt... It still smelled like him...

A piece of fabric gently fell onto my shoulders along with a pair of hands and a whisper, “Spying on the competition?”

I quickly tensed at the scare, “God you scared me, Max.”

“That kind of was the point,” he gazed over at Dan with a slight glare, “So why are you watching him?”

“He’s a friend, Max,” I said but knowing well that we were not friends. The thought of being even friends made my cheeks burn. Luckily it was cold so it was hard to tell the difference between blush and a wind burn.

“He doesn’t think of you as a friend, you know that right? I bet he’s just jealous. Oh look at the time; I have to open the doors, B.R.B.” opening? Already? Let’s see, we woke up at 4 A.M., we got here about 4:10 A.M., I came in around 4:15, and the rink opens at 6 so I had been watching Dan for like two hours (almost)! It felt like only five minuets! Within seconds, about fifty girls rushed in around the glass side boards that surrounded Dan.

I stared with confusion as I mumbled, “What the?”

“Don’t you know?! Dan is so popular with the ladies they trample all over each other just to watch him play,” So that’s what he meant when he said before it opens. “Cant blame them. I mean look at him! His dark black, wild hair, his muscular body, his deep grey eyes, not to mention his height!”

I looked at Max like is-there-something-you’re-not-telling-me? His jaw dropped in offence, “GOD NO! I’m just pointing it out to you, I mean incase you didn’t already see it….”

“No, I told you already he’s just a friend,” I paused, “Can I tell you something?” he put his arms out like course-you-can! “You have to promise never to tell Dan.”

“I swear never to tell Dan your next words,” Max said putting his right hand over his heart.

“I-I,” I stuttered.

“Okay, time to go, unless you want me, your ride, to leave without you,” Dan said yanking on my arm. I looked back at Max but he just smiled and mouthed, I know already!

“Ow, ow!” I yelled but he wouldn’t loosen his grip. “Do we have to go this fast?!”

“Yes.”

“DAN! HONNEY! WAIT UP!” the mob of girls screamed from the top of their lungs. “DAN! HONNEY! DAN!!!!!!”

Within seconds the crowd had us cornered against the building. “DAN HONNEY!”

“Shut the hell up!” Dan yelled back covering his ears to stop them form exploding from the noise.

“Dan’s right, shut up!” one of the girls in the crowd said with anger.

“Yes, boss!” they all said in sink. A beautiful girl with long curly blonde hair and flawless skin appeared out from the mob.

“Nice to see you again, Dan,” the girl said with a smirk.

“Cant say the feeling’s mutual,” Dan rapped his arm around me as if saying back-of-or-you’ll-regret-it.

The girl’s smile broke, “Who’s the brunette?”

“My girlfriend, now beat it!” his girlfriend?!

“Fine,” she turned to the crowd, “DISPERSE!”

We walked to the truck and I hopped in just in time to hide the blush. A loud clump came from the back and his door opened. Quickly I hid my face in my hands as he started up the engine. We were halfway to his house when he said, “I’m sorry I told them you were my girlfriend, I just, well, um.”

“Don’t worry I know,” I said with a smile.

“Why are you so nice to me?” Dan asked his eyes not bothering to leave the road (he had a habit of not looking people in the eye when he talked to them).

“Um, well, ah,” I paused. “Do you really hate me?”

“I don’t know, when I was shooting I was thinking about it. I was really just jealous because you got all of the attention, I think,” just for a moment, not even a second, I saw his eyes glance at me. “So back to my question.”

“That’s a secret,” I said sitting back into the leather as we pulled up to my house.

“Hey! No fair! I answered yours now you answer mine!”

“You really want an answer?” he nodded. I unbuckled calmly, acting as if it was nothing. When I was about to open my door I turned back, grabbed his face and pressed his lips to mine. “Well you have your answer.”