Prologue

*Melody's POV*

I gazed down at the battle that raged below me from my perch atop of Moon-chaser, my horse. The sight was traumatic. Bodies littered the once beautiful plain, and blood soaked into the earth, staining it a deep red. Men and beast on both sides screamed in agony as they met their fate. Steel clashed with steel, and shouting from both ends mingled together to create a terrible roar.

I tore my gaze from the sight below to turn and face my small force. Their pale but determined faces stared back at me. They trusted me to lead them. I couldn't let them down. I couldn't show the fear and anxiety that boil in my stomach and threatened to make my light meal reappear. I had to lead them to victory, or die trying.

I turned away from the small army behind me, to once again face the monstrosity that stretched out below me. Despite the circumstances; I almost laughed at the thought of how several months ago, if you had told me I would lead people into one if the most goriest battles to ever take place in Zalgeraf, I would have laughed in your face. Then I would proceed to tell you that, it had been 30 years since anything interesting had happened here, and it would take another 300 for anything else to happen. I would then walk away with my nose in the air. Much has changed since those days. "I was so naive and innocent back then." I murmured to myself. I thought back to the day my whole life changed for the better, with a sad smile on my face.

---------------------------------------------

Tada! Hope you like. I had this idea almost a year ago, started to write, stopped for awhile, got new tips on how to write a story, and came back to give it another shot! Do I get a cookie? No... Ok, anywho, I hope you will bare with me on this, as its my first story, and it's going to be slow at first. Mostly because it takes a lot time to gather my courage to do stuff like this... Ok I'm done rambling.

See ya later, BYE!!!