14 | That Boy

Cindy | Charming

His footsteps held a pattern of heavy anxiety to light anticipation.

Likewise, he did not know whether he was confident or not,

excited or not,

plain terrified or not.

After all, she forgot him.

Cindy Bennet didn't remember him.

And the fact that she remembered everyone but him when she woke up... well, it broke him.

He could clearly see her figure now as her spring-green irides sprung around to the beat of the birds she seemed to be watching.

She wasn't exactly facing him when he approached her. Whether that was a gift from heaven to ease his anxiety or a whisper from the devil to put him off, either way he did not stop. He had to face her now. And if her position had influenced him in any way, it only boosted his desire to make her see him.

He tapped her shoulder.

"Hey princess."

...

Cindy jolted at the slight tap, as the idea of a stranger's physical contact put her on full guard. After all she was near the corner of the playground. Around the trees. Near the dark.

To be honest, she was terrified.

But as she turned around to face the disturbance, she absorbed those familiar words and she knew who this person was.

Who else would call her princess?

So she prepared herself for anything. No matter who Charming was, what he looked like or how he acted in real life, she was prepared to accept him.

Her eyes widened.

"Chase Park?!"

The adolescent male who tapped her shoulder wore a blue button up shirt - mind you, her favourite colour -, long white jeans and black sneakers. A small grin spread across his face and his mischievous brown eyes twinkled at her reaction.

"Wait, the Chase Park as in the boy in like all my classes? Wait what?!"

As he laughed at her reaction, a tuft of middle length dark hair fell across his face. She watched it move and her fingers twitched. She was holding back the urge to smooth his hair back in place.

"Yep, the one and only."

What was this familiarity she felt when looking at him?

She had never really taken notice of this male in class before, simply because of the social barrier between both of their friendship groups. She had spoken to him a few times before, just for the sake of being his classmate, but she never thought he would be the one.

That he would be... Prince Charming.

Her eyes met his chocolate-coloured ones once more as if taking a proper glimpse of the male, who she had to admit, had captured her heart.

But she took a step back, distancing herself from him.

She had to recollect herself.

Her heart was spontaneously beating and her cheeks were flushed like the pink of the flowers around them but she had to remember that facts did not add up.

First of all, how was PC close to his nam-

Oh.

Chase Park. CP. Turn that around to make PC.

It was similar, yet not similar. But really, how could she not think of that?

Chase's brows creased as he noticed her anxiousness.

"Cindy?"

And then there was his voice. How could she not recognise that deep and slightly husky voice that she had heard so many times over the phone. He was in her freaking class! And his tone was simply indescribable. Memorable even. How could she be so stupid?

"Cindy?" he called again, taking a step towards the blonde.

She took a step back, her eyes meeting his chocolate-coloured irides.

No.

There was something more.

Something she forgot.

Something that didn't add up.

"What's wrong, princess?" he asked.

By then he had stopped smiling. He was worried and she could tell by the frown that marred his perfect face.

She had a feeling she knew him. She could recognise his expressions.

She knew him?

Cindy took another step back.

"Ice cream, lollipops, candy for all?" she asked, her voice stuttering.

Her eyes were becoming cloudy and almost as in a vision, she could see the faint silhouette of a ten year old boy in a tree. She knew the boy was smiling.

At her.

Charming chuckled slightly at her question.

"We used to go out. Everyday. To buy candy at the convenience stores around the corner of our primary school."

He sighed faintly, looking up towards the sky as if recalling some distant memory.

But whatever it was, she was not part of it.

"No," she replied, "I don't know you. How could you say I went to the convenience store with you? I don't remember ever knowing you!"

His lips moved to speak, but he faltered. His eyes met her eyes and he gave her a small, heartbreaking smile.

A smile she swore she had seen before.

"No. I guess not. Or at least not anymore."

Cindy felt her mind blanking. The vision was becoming clearer. She could see the silhouetted young boy now.  She gaped, lost for words.

The boy's hair was dark - a midnight black. His eyes were a soft chocolate-brown - a colour that had warmed her childhood and brought light to her youth. His clothes were a familiar blue - her favourite blue. And his smile - well, it was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen.

He was looking up at her. She was in a tree, reading a script from a storybook she used to love. And he knelt down on one knee and said the sweetest words she had ever heard.

He was precious to her and she loved him.

She took another step back and her eyes began to water.

"Cindy you're crying," Chase pointed out.

Her eyes met his comforting hue of chocolate brown.

The boy in her memories was Chase Park.

She remembered now.

Her Prince Charming.