Chapter 30

It's 4k reads baby....thanks for making it happen. I love you guys, yes!

This Chapter is dedicated to mzsmiles.

Days went by and Bryce kept coming around. Jane was always happy to see him whenever he came to the house after school. The two always talked about things that only Bryce understood and that seemed amazing. Max didn't even get along well with Jane like that.

Max came in shortly after Bryce got in and he was surprised to see Bryce. He had never been home so early ever since I have been staying at home. He gave me the look of 'what's going on here' and I rolled my eyes at him. He said his hello to Bryce and talked to him for a while before heading to his room. For some reason I'm worried about that, Max not saying something stupid to my friend. I was sure something stupid and mean must be going on in his thick head.

But it was good to see him getting along with Bryce unlike Kent. He felt Kent was a jerk, everyone did, I also thought so sometimes but no one saw what I saw in him.

Jane went into her room, then it was just me and Bryce.

"You should get out of here and get some fresh air, you've been staying in for days" Bryce said. I knew I had not been out of the house for days but I didn't think it was necessary.

"Uhm...No thanks" I replied. I am definitely not ready to show everyone my swollen and dull face.

"Come on, why don't you wanna?"

"It's nothing" It was actually something but I couldn't tell him or anyone.

"You're just gonna step out for a while and I'll drive you home" He insisted and I rolled my my eyes at him. I bit my upper lip, contemplating if I should go or not. I didn't think I was ready to step out of the house.

"Say yes" Bryce said with his lip curved with a smile. His smile was just too enchanting to resist.

"Okay" I finally said.

"Yes" He said with a smile plastered on the his lips. It seemed like that was the happiest moment of his life.

I slightly shook my head and smiled "I'll be right back" I said and went to my room to change my clothes. I wore a short grey jumpsuit with a blue denim jacket and wore one of my many black shoes. I didn't bother to put on my contact lens, I just left my glasses on and headed back downstairs.

"I'm ready" I said, he looked at me and suddenly seems speechless. He glared at me for a while and I thought maybe something was wrong with my clothes. He smiled and I took a sigh of relief.

"Ok, let's go" He said then I remembered I have to tell Max I was going out. I excused myself and hurried to Max's room to tell him I would be out for a while.

"You're going on a date with your boyfriend? That's a good start" Max said

"He's not my boyfriend, he's just a friend"

"Yeah...I know" he smirked. If he knew, why was he calling him my boyfriend?

"Do you like him?"

"No....I mean Yes" Ughhhhh......What am I saying? I like Bryce but not in the way he thinks. I raised my brow at him. I don't even know why I'm trying to defend what isn't true with Max of all people on earth. "You know what??? It's none of your business" I turned around and shut the door behind me.

I hurried back to the sitting room, Bryce was going through his phone, I took my time staring at him and studying him from behind. I tried to imagine him actually being my boyfriend, but the thought of it only made me happy and sad at the same time.