The Spark: AKA Aura

I knew that I shouldn't have come here.... After so many years I should be immune now to my emotions and instincts. I have proven myself to be competent. I have defeated everything that has ever been thrown at me. So why do I still feel like the teenager who was brought here that fateful night? Alina. That's what they called it.

They made me feel like an animal! I hated them at times, but Grey always reminded me why I came to this wasteland in the first place. I came for my own reasons, we all did. They don't need to be spoken of.

My number was 8, and the research which was conducted as a part of Alina was done to aid natural selection. Society was not improving, and this was not acceptable for the President. She took action, and I wanted to prove to myself that I was the best of the best.

So here I am. Back in Trew, Ohio the place where I was broken down to Subject 8. But Alina was wrong, I will save our race with or without them. Humans are truly animals and we have begun to slowly pick ourselves apart. It's up to me to save what's left of a once great race. The domination of Earth by the human race is coming to a close and we will not survive the shift in power if we do not come together.

I have 2 weeks to gather my team so I better get started. I'm not going to stand by idly if I have the chance to make a difference and survive the shift. I walked into the valley where the Alina compound resides. I need some information, and no one has come near this sorry waste of space in 5 years. It's perfect for a person like me, and I'll have everything that I could possibly want.

I approached the compound and used my backpack to smash a window in. I quickly climbed in and realized that I was in the Alchemist wing. I had just turned to pull the curtains closed behind me when I saw a shadow on the wall beside the broken window. I instantly took a defensive stance and turned around to see a man who looked about 23 years old if my guess was correct. He was dressed in a plaid flannel shirt and dark wash jeans with some worn puma sneakers. I quickly took this in as well as his brown shaggy hair and leaf green eyes. I truly cannot tell you why this is what my brain decided to make note of. In less than a second he lunged at me with a threatening looking object in hand. I attempted to slide to the left, which caught him off guard for a second, but he quickly recovered and hit me in the back of the head. I started to see black seep into my vision, and I saw him stare at me curiously, before my body gave in to the demands of my mind to shut down.