After The Games

Prologue

Clove-

"Promise me you will come back Clove. Please." I hug my fiancé. "I promise Cato, I will come back."

~Next Day~

As I wait for Katniss to come, I see District 5 get her pack run in Cato's direction. Cato will take care of her. I soon see a certain braid that can only be one person......Katniss Everdeen. I run and throw a knife at her head. She dodges but loses her balance. Perfect! I throw another and it hits her forehead. She loses all of her balance and falls to the ground. I pounce on her and we roll all over the place. Since she isn't nearly as experienced as me, I easily get the upper hand. "Where's your boyfriend District 12? Still barely holding on?" She looks at me and says, "No, he is out there right now hunting Cato. PEETA! PEETA!" I shove my arm into her throat cutting off her voice. I look around even though I know he isn't out there. "Liar. Cato knows where he cut him. So..what's in the pretty little pack? That medicine for Loverboy? Too bad he will never get it." I smile maniacally. I take out my favorite knife. "You know, it's too bad you couldn't help that little girl. You know that girl from District 11. What was her name again...Rue?" I can tell I got the name right. "Rue. Well we killed her and now... we are going to kill you then let nature take Loverboy." I raise my knife over my head for the final blow but something blocks it. Before I know it, I am pushed up against the cornucopia looking at Thresh right in the eyes. "Did you kill that little girl? Cut her up like you were going to do to her?" He is cutting off my air supply. "No! It wasn't me I swear!" That's when I see the giant rock in his hand. "CATO! CATO!" Before he can come I have a rock to the head and I am lying on the ground. The last thing I see is Cato overhead, then my cannon fires.