Prologue

*Authors Note*

This is my first Wattpad story so it is not to great but I wanted to give this whole writing thing a try. This is a short story that is basically about a teenage girl in a coma with amnesia that has no clue what's going on. Constructive Criticism is welcome and I hope you enjoy :)

Prologue:

I look down at my cheese steak, overflowing with cheese with a warm bun, warm not toasted not burnt but warm. The sandwich was just perfect...

I never had my lunch break today, a little boy came in with a broken arm when I was about to, so I guess I'm taking it now at... 5:32 pm...

2 hours and 28 minutes left until I finally get to leave but then I have to come back again and again each day...

I can't wait till I retire... I hate all the stress of the job its awful, I just can't take it anymore!

I honestly didn't even want to be a doctor, my father forced me through medical school, pushing me to "follow in his footsteps."

"Dr. Dr. We got an emergency! Stat!"

"Ugh" I slam my lunch down hard, annoyed with the constant interruptions. As I feel the cheese oozing out in between my fingers I can't help wondering why people can't just be safe and try to not die, like seriously.

I grab a pair of gloves on my way out and follow the young nurse out into the hallway. I look ahead and see a few men pushing a gurney inside that was splattered with blood. This put me into immediate medical mode and caused me to feel ashamed for my previous thoughts of the person's carelessness.

I rush over to the gurney and see a young unconscious girl smeared in blood. Her face is beautiful despite the thick, clumpy, red hair licked across her face. I was immediately compelled to help the poor girl. But first I must ask with sudden curiosity, "What is her name?"

The nurse from earlier rifles through a clipboard and states sadly, "Unknown sir, we have a Jane Doe."

Then I look back at her knowing I must work quickly and start to save this girl...