Chapter 5

It was late Sunday night when Marcy finally decided to open the present. Drunk on whiskey and an array of hard liquor, she stumbled downstairs, too out of it to fly. She clumsily staggered towards the coffee table, hit her knee, groaned, and grabbed the parcel. She smiled at it for a second before ripping the pink paper and chucking it aside. What remained was nearly enough to send her back sober. Taking a swig of her fourth bottle (fifth, perhaps?), she collapsed onto the sofa. She rested the neatly folded shirt on her lap and stared ahead, absently. PB had sent it back to her, and so the break up was official. She had fallen so out of love with Marceline that she didn't even want the shirt anymore. 

When she awoke early the next morning, Marcy found herself in her empty shower. She had fallen asleep before she got the chance to turn the water on. When she managed to lift herself up and clear away the empty bottles, she looked down at herself. She was ashamed of herself and felt the need to critique everything about her. The stains on her shirt, the stench of beer from Friday night, the rip in her tights that spread from her knee to the very top of her thigh. She had ruined herself, and she knew she needed to change. She ran the water in her now clean shower and spent a long time scrubbing herself. When she was dry, she dressed in reasonably nice clothes, tied her hair up and flew to the Candy Kingdom. 

A/N - Alright, very short chapter. To be honest, this is just a filler until I can cure my writer's block. I promise I'll start uploading a little more regularly (especially in the next few months, seeing as I won't be at school over Christmas break). Until then, please keep voting and if you get especially frustrated with my lack of writing, send me a very angry message. Thank you xx