Prologue

Zonnique POV

I walked into the classroom, not expecting anything. I mean, its school. Why would something special happen anyway? As soon as the door shut, all eyes fell on me. Well, what a way to make me feel weird. The teacher stood up and smiled at me. "You must be Dominique!" Dominique? "No, sir. My name is Zonnique. But I mean, that's probably the best pronunciation of my name I've ever heard." The class laughed. Boom. Being funny gets people on your side.

"I apologize, Zonnique," he inched towards me. "I'm Mr. Posey. Welcome to AP Physics." I smiled. "Thank you." "You can have a seat over by Mr. Thompson. Issa, raise your hand." What type of name is Issa, I thought. A brown cinnamon sugar complected hand went up in the air. My eyes traveled down to examine his face, and might I say that I'm overly impressed with whoever made this creature. He was tall, dark and handsome. Well, tall, cinnamon and handsome. He had long dreadlocks and wore a snapback to go with it.

I walked to the seat and popped a squat next to Issa. He looked at me and smiled. "Hi. Zonnique, right?" He asked. I smiled and nodded. "Yeah. Nice to meet you." "Pleasure's all mine." My heart skipped a beat. This dude is...well, is there even a sentence to describe him? I turned my attention to the front of the class. This is a good feeling.

Issa POV

Its lunchtime, and I can't stop thinking about Zonnique. I mean, I don't even know her like that, and she has me whipped. "Issa!" I looked up and saw my sister sitting in front of me. "Oh, yea. What's up?" She rolled her eyes. "Thinking about the new girl again?" I smiled.

"Isamar, she's beautiful. I mean, I can't help but to look at her. She's definitely worth it." She smiled. "Aww, my brother has a crush!" She began poking my shoulder. I rolled my eyes jokingly and moved her hands. "Alright, alright." "Hey, Issa." I recognized the voice, but didn't wanna look. "What, Mimi?" She plopped down by me. "We gotta talk."

-----

Vote, comment and follow
Add to your reading lists and whatnot
Keep it Cute or Put it On Mute 💅🏾
-Camryn