Chapter 2

I lost my way once more, as snow had come in and then misting out. I wandered more and more, and soon coming to another city. Walking the streets, looking like a normal human once more, I saw another pack of wolves. These wolves were not to keen to my presents. Their alpha didn't seem nice at all to say the least. "What ya doing out here, girl?" one male said "Now boys, this one is a female, we must show a little respect" said the alpha with a smirk growing onto his face. I didn't respond just stared and that seemed to make them mad. For the beta seemed to get up coming toward me "Who do you think you are? Challenger?" he barked "I am no challenger, I don't wish to join a pack of mutts living on the streets" I said. "Mutts!?" responded another male. "You heard me. Mutts" I said keeping a calm look on my face and in my eyes, no fear showed.

   If anything it was my mistake to keep the stare, for they had chased me off and into an abandon building once more. It was getting late and I needed air so I walked the streets, passing the pack again. Out numbered they had  attacked me one by one, wounds, deep wounds, had come upon my aching from pain. Laying on the cold ground for the night, I had no strength to get up at the moment. I had shut my eyes from exhaustion. The next morning I wake surrounded by four male wolves. Kiba, Hige, the kid and the grey wolf. I don't remember how I ended up with them, but I knew I could not stay. Not without all of their approval of it. I was wolf once more, trying to get up I was stopped by two of them, Kiba and the grey male. I growled "Let me up..." "No, your to weak female" said the grey wolf. "I'm not that weak" I snapped "With the beating you took, you are" said Kiba. "Fine..." I said going back down. 

   "Now that you have been saved... What is your name, she-wolf." demanded the grey male. "Says you. I know only half of you four by name." I said "Half of us?" questioned Kiba. I nodded "half" "How?" responded the grey male. "I know Hige and you, Kiba..." I said "How do you know me?" he asked "I was member of your pack. As a pup myself. My parents never came back from a trip, while you had watched over me as a good friend" I said. "How you know Hige?" he asked "He saved me from a cage, injured as I am now" I said. "Well, she is smart" said the grey male. I growled "I wouldn't even try in your state of health" he chuckled. "Well, you know two of us, the grumpy male over here is Tsume" said Hige "And I'm Toboe" added Toboe. "Nice to meet, at least one of you" I said "And you are?" said Tsume "Kira" I said. "White like snow" said Toboe "Just like Kiba!" he added.

   "So you were stupid to challenge them other wolves" said Tsume "I didn't challenge them, they attacked me" I responded. "Yeah sure" I growled getting up and tackling him, he snapped back standing off with me. Kiba stepped in between the two of us. "Back off Tsume" he demanded, I could tell he still had that alpha male protectiveness part of him along with the alpha male leadership. Tsume just walked off, I could tell he did not like my presents within their little pack. Kiba just watched him walk away. I turned and went back laying down still tired from my journey. I knew that I had to leave, not just for the good of them, but for the good of me. I was a wolf that had been alone for so long. I was just glad that they had helped me from the other wolves within this city.

   Time passed and we were all walking throughout the city. I went off on my own after awhile, and Kiba had tried to find me once more. Hige, Tsume, and Toboe stuck to the city, what they found was not right. Wolves using other wolves as sled dogs, and these wolves pulling these giant sleds did it for food, and did it over and over till they fell dead. Kiba witnessed an old wolf that had collapsed to the ground, he got angry and charged at the beta wolf of the pack doing this. He fought and he could not take any more hits, I had witnessed from a distance. I couldn't take the sight so I had dropped in looking my wolf self once more. Growling but still I had wounds from the previous night.

   "The challenger again" barked the male beta "I am no challenger unless you harm one my friends, then you deal with me" I growled "Your just a female, you can't do anything that will severely injure a male" he commented. I growled and lunged upon him, I put in wounds worse than my own, still leaving him alive. Soon the alpha male of their pack had grabbed a whip and slashed it at me a few times. It stung, and I fell, I still had my wounds from before which had caused my defeat. Kiba got up looking like a human. He had stood in front of my numb and limp, wounded wolf self. "Leave her alone" I heard him say "She attacked my beta, challenger alright" barked the alpha "She is no challenger, but she could be if she wanted. You will back off, and none of you wolves will touch her or even harm her again" Kiba replied "Fine, now get out of my city" "We were" "Good"

   On the road again and out of that city, I was unresponsive and each time we had stopped for rest or for food, not one move from me. I was hurting, I had deep inflicted wounds. Kiba never left my side, he know me from his old pack. And the others were also worried, this including Tsume. Not knowing what would happen, the four of them worried consent each day and each night.

   Weeks had passed and I had finally moved, I was hungry, tired, and weak, but I am a wolf. And the life of a wolf, is not that easy. However, the first thing I see as I awoke, was Tsume, standing against the rock wall of a small cave. "Your alive. I'm surprised." he said "Why wouldn't I be?" I said sitting up, I was human looking, "The deep wounds, the whip slashes you took. Not bad for a female." "i might be a female, but I got spirit and I got strength" I replied "I'm impressed that you actually attacked that male back there" "Why wouldn't I? If another wolf harms one of my friends, I take action and I will attack, so watch it" "So you really are from Kiba's old pack then" "Yeah" "Seems like you had a lower rank than Kiba did in the pack" he commented "I did not have a low rank. My parents were beta and lead hunter, I just... never really knew them... they were killed by hunters when I was younger..." I said looking down. He didn't make a comment, I could tell he had some kind of the same experience that I had. "I'm sorry.." he said.

   Kiba, Hige and Toboe had returned from some kind of hunting trip. "Finally up" said Toboe "Yeah" I replied "Good, cause were gonna be moving again" added Hige "The Lunar Flower scent has gotten stronger since we have been going this way" Kiba commented. "I can smell it" I said "I know" he responded.