chapter 2

mason woke up to the sunshine coming out of the folds in his blinds. he could smell something cooking downstairs and he had realized he hadnt eaten supper last night because he was unpacking.

downstairs, there was a plate of steaming waffles and some orange juice sitting at his spot at the table and no one was in the kitchen but there was a note next to the waffles so he began to read.

mason, here is a plate of waffles, i kept them warm just for you, because you slept late.

after breakfast why dont you and your sister do some exploring? im in the backyard hanging up a clothesline, try not to stay indoors all day,

love, mom.

mason found his dad in the parlor reading a news paper and went looking for his sister annie, he found her adding some finishing touches to her room.

hey annie, want to go exploring?

 no, after this im going to watch some tv.

oh, ok, well suit yourself, i'll be outside,

yep,

outside, mason tries to decide where to check out first,the cemetery or the woods. he goes with the woods.

mason follows a small path and finds nothing but a dead end, so he turns back and heads tword the cemetery.

the cemetery seems hotter than the rest of the yard but mason finds a shady spot under on old oak tree and he leans up against a stone, the same stone he saw from earlier, the one with the sculpture of a girl. he lazily watches his sister playing her ds on the porch,

startled, mason wakes up and realizes he fell asleep in the graveyard its almost dusk now and as he gets up he elbows a jar and it tips over, onto the ground spills a combination of dirty water, dead flowers, insects and a gold chain.

on the chain, or what he recognizes as a necklace, there is a locket and a key, they are both rusted and look very old. mason turns and reads the stone.

Sage Williams

born-1924  died-1939

beloved daughter of mary and john williams

may she rest in peace, and her body be found

mason was shocked after reading the poor dead girls stone, and he was confused about it too,

if her body was never found does that mean this property is haunted? and, how did she die, and what if he finds her body in the woods all decayed  and worst of all, if she is a ghost, is she good or bad and what if she wants me to help her, what if her ghost is terrifying?

all of theese questions were running through masons head and then IT happened.

the crazy hallucinations, the dreams, each night they grew worse and even more frightening but he never said anything to anyone about it.

one day he walked past the cemetery and thought he saw words form in the dirt under the girls stone. another time, he saw a young girl over near the clothesline .

and the scariest, when he was walking in the woods, he heard gigling and thought he saw a flash of white ahead of him so he followed it and saw something terrible, a burning house and a girl, the same one on the stone. she dived into the pond in the frontyard and then, her foot must have gotten stuck in some under water plant because she was thrashing around and finaly, her body went still and she sunk to the bottom.