Cavanaugh household

Summary: so pretty much one night, Spencer and Toby are nearly asleep when there 6 year old -adopted- daughter comes to say she's had a bad nightmare so Toby and Spencer let her sleep with them. It's pretty much a collection of flashbacks also, but there's a lot of cute spoby family stuff. By the way, Spencer is 3 months pregnant in this.

"Goodnight Spence.. And goodnight, Marion." Toby says rubbing Spencer's small stomach.

"How do you know it'll be a girl?" Spencer questions.

They hadn't decided on a boy name, just that if it was a girl her name would be Marion Melissa Cavanaugh.

"I can sense it.. And a gypsy lady told me that if the stomach hangs low it's a girl." Toby jokes, making Spencer chuckle.

Spencer yawns.

"You can't even see a bump yet." She adds with a small smile.

"I can't wait." Toby says.

"I think it'll have a love for carpentry just like you.. But it'll be like a little twin of me but tiny human form." Spencer says.

"I hope so." Toby says, giving Spencer a kiss as he admires her face.

"Okay, seriously this time, goodnight." Spencer yawns, sinking into her soft pillow.

"Goodnight." Toby says, feeling his eyes getting heavier every minute he stares at Spencer's peacefully sleeping face.

Just as he's about to fall asleep, there's a small knock on the bedroom door.

Toby pulls on a shirt and pants, knowing it's Alessia.

Toby is about to scold her for being up so late, but his heart instantly drops when he sees her red puffy face.

At this point, he can hear Spencer groaning in bed and sitting up.

"What's wrong?" Toby asks, pulling her inside the bedroom.

"I had a... A nightmare." Alessia says.

"about?" Toby asks, kneeling down to her level.

"About being back in Danny's house." Alessia sobs.

Toby immediately feels himself trembling from anger at the mention of his name.

"She's awfully shy." Spencer says, making eye contact with the small 3 year old in a social workers hands.

"She's nervous because.. I think it's because he's in the room." The social worker says with hesitation clear in her voice.

"Me?" Toby questions.

"You must know, she's been abused. Sexually and physically abused, neglected. Her mother died during child birth so she... She went with her uncle, Danny." The Social worker says.

Alessia cowers away at the mention of Danny's name.

"He was a really big guy, very muscular and tall. She's just generally scared of bigger people." The social worker warns, soothing Alessia.

"What about Danny?" Spencer asks, now fully alert.

"She had a nightmare she was back in that.. That place." Toby says.

"Baby, come here." Spencer says, as Alessia climbs onto the bed and Spencer cradles her.

Toby couldn't believe how easily Spencer became a motherly figure, within the first month she was acting like Spencer was her real mom.

It was great, but it took much longer for her and Toby. But he remembered the day she finally began to trust him like it was yesterday.

Alessia had just started school, and has taken an interest in the park there.