Stay {Kakashi One Shot}

***WARNING: SPOILER ALERT! If you haven't watched past episode 78 or don't know how the anime/manga goes, DO NOT READ! ***

Kakashi and Asuma strolled down the street with their hands in their pockets, laughing.

“It’s been a while since we both haven’t been on a mission.” Kakashi spoke. “It really sucks that you’re leaving again today.” Asuma sighed at this and looked down.

“Yeah, but I gotta do my job. I’m just concerned about leaving Kaori here. She’s been really antsy lately and excited to train with me.” Asuma sweat dropped. “I’m never going to hear the end of it.” Kakashi laughed, knowing full well what you could be like.

“Well I’m still here so she’ll have me at least.” He stated. Asuma looked at him through the corner of his eye and smirked. “How it your sister anyways? I haven’t seen her in a while because she’s been off on a lot of missions too.” Asuma’s smirk grew.

“She’s been great actually. A little sad since Reika moved to Suna because of the Kazekage. But I think she may need some guy time.” He nudged Kakashi’s arm and chuckled. Kakashi smiled lightly, when they both heard yelling. “Speak of the devil.” Asuma frowned, knowing the lecture he was about to receive.

“Asuma! What the hell! Let’s go train already!” You yelled from a little ways away. They watched you as you ran towards them, your black hair bouncing in its pony tail. You were panting as you stood in front of the two men with cheerful light blue eyes. Though you were only a year younger than them, your heights varied quite substantially.

“Um... Kaori. I’ve been assigned a mission for tonight.” Your smile immediately dropped into a pout.

“Stupid missions.” You muttered, kicking the ground, though knowing full well how important they were.

“I can train with you?” You looked up at Kakashi and your eyes brightened. You turned to Asuma and hugged him.

“Be safe! You better train with me when you get back!” You smiled wide and skipped off, knowing Asuma would probably want to talk to Kakashi.

“Kakashi...” He was watching me skip then turned to the white haired ninja solemnly. “This mission is really serious. If I don’t come back... Please promise me to keep Kaori safe. I’m the only family she has left.” Kakashi stared at Asuma for a second, then nodded.

“I promise.”

“Would you hurry up!?” You yelled. You saw Asuma say something else to Kakashi, then waved and ran off to his mission. Kakashi smiled with rainbow eyes.

“I’m not going easy.” You said, smirking. Kakashi smirked back.

“Sounds good to me.”

*NEXT DAY*

You waited by the door anxiously. It finally opened and you grabbed the person’s hand, dragging them down the road.

“Wha-“

“No time to dilly dally Kakashi! They’re coming home today!” You yelled cheerily as you ran down the street. You both arrived at the front gate and waited. Kakashi looked at you bouncing in excitement and leaned against the wall. Asuma’s words wouldn’t stop ringing through his mind. ‘If I don’t come back...’

‘If he doesn’t come back, Kaori will be broken... Her previous family had already been killed and the third Hokage adopted her. When he died, she was in a depression for a long time. Asuma is the only family she has left... Her best friend moved to Suna...’ Kakashi’s thoughts got cut short by your body freezing. He looked at you concerned. You had gone really pale.