Chapter 1

It was a winter night and I was alone weakened from deep wounds that went into my core. I couldn't move for the wounds had weakened me all over. My legs numb, my eyes wanting to shut. I knew I could go to Paradise but at the same, my time was not yet over. I had to get up, I just had to get up.

   I got up after minutes of pain, but even more pain as I got up and kept on my way. I soon ended up in the city, where I walked the streets alone and wounded. The people stared at the white wolf before them. This white wolf, was me. My name is Kira and I am one of the last remaining wolves.

   I continued to walk but soon I came to the outside of the city, where I found refuge in the hollow of a tree. Bleeding, I lied on the ground in the tree, only my tail and one hind leg sticking out. Humans had discovered me, and wouldn't leave me alone. I acted out of fear, and for my own protection as I felt I had needed. There was one of the humans, he was like their leader, but he himself was not human, no, he was a wolf. I saw it and he knew it. 

   I had attacked and killed a few of the humans, but out of fear of my own life. I faced off with a kid, and the wolf, he was looking human to the others, as he protected the kid from me, he ran off and I followed, wanting answers. The two of us faced off on the rooftop of a building, now looking wolf, he was two different grey colors, with an X-like scar on his neck, and yellow eyes just as mine were. "Who are you?" I demanded "Never mind that" he responded "who are you, young she-wolf" he asked me "None of your concern" I snapped. "You only care for yourself, don't you? You attacked innocent humans for no reason" he had said "Out of fear for my life" I growled. "You are no wolf, your just a fake!" I barked "Oh, really? Or am I just trying to stay alive, just the same as you are?" he seemed to try and be joking. I growled launching at him, he fought back, unfortunately, my wounds forced me to stay down, for he had gone right for my wounded leg. 

   The kid that he had saved had been listening, hearing growls and barks. I was at the edge of the rooftop jumping off to another rooftop running off as he had gone to where the kid was "Don't ever get into my business again" he barked then walking off looking human to the kid. The kid had just hung his head, in shame.

   I walked the streets once more, then to my appearance, I fell from weakness and injuries. I was soon found by some humans that caged me, taking me to this laboratory. I had no strength to even get back up and try to fight back. I lay there, tired and alone. Soon I hear the door open as another human entered, but he was no human, he was also a wolf. But nicer than the other one. This one was a bit fatter, and two different lighter shades of brown with some kind of collar. "Your in pretty bad shape aren't ya" he said "what do you care? You are not a wolf..." I said "I am a wolf. But I try not to get killed. Names Hige. Not from around here are ya?" "No, I'm not." I said "You know, I can get you out if you would like to. But in order to, you need to look like a human, not a wolf" he said "What's the since in throwing away my pride as a wolf" I responded "If you wanna survive, you gotta look like one of them" he said with a kind smile. I nodded by shifting my head, I trusted this one, but the other male I didn't.

   He let me out as we walked out of the building, soon a normal human came by "Where did that big dog go!?" the human said. Hige and I had walked out, looking human, I had brown hair, blue eyes, a black hooded jacket, genes, high top converse sneakers, and a white shirt. Hige seemed nice and trust worthy. Soon enough we were encounter by a man with a gun, and his wolf, named Blue, but she had always looked like that, being his apparent wolf hunting dog. He chased after the two of us, seeing that we weren't normal humans, seeing that we were true wolves. The two of us ran and took cover in the sewers after getting out of his sight long  enough.

   We walked, and we came out of the sewers ending up in a new part of the city, in front of us was a young wolf, with some kind of bracelet on him. He was just a kid and he stuck with us. He was a playful kid at that. The three of us walked until we came in contact with the hunter once more. I told Hige and the kid to run, they tried to argue but they ran as I stayed looking wolf once more, I faced off with the hunter and his dog. Getting into a fight as he let her off the leash and attacking me. I pushed the dog down long enough to run away, and out of the city. 

   The reason I entered the city was because of the scent of a Lunar Flower, the Lunar Flower had been a wolves guide to Paradise. Even though the scent had dragged me to the city, eventually it would fade into the air. 

   I wandered outside the city and down the road I traveled. I walked and walked, my pawns getting cold from the snow I had wandered into. I lost the kid and Hige when they ran off, and I had stayed to give them time to escape. I hoped that they had gotten out of the city as well. As I traveled I got even more tired and hungry. There was little food, if I was lucky I would be able to find a rabbit and hunt it down. I stopped in what seemed like an old and abandon building for the night.

   I slept well, for I was exhausted from my journey. Soon came the dawn, I got up and out of the shelter I had found for the night. From dawn until dusk, I walked alone. Knowing that I was alone, it gave me time to remember my old pack. Yes, I once had a pack of wolves, but sadly hunters killed them all, except two pups, those pups were Kiba and I. Kiba's parents were the leaders of the pack, while I never knew mine, for my parents had gone out on a trip and never returned. I do remember that they were a high ranked member of the pack. For Kiba has the alpha leadership, while I have beta leadership and hunting skills. 

   As I walked alone, in the snow, I heard what seemed like laser firing and wolves. I was on a cliff on the other side of what had been happening. I saw four wolves, three of which I had already met, Hige, the kid and the grey male. The last one was snow white and yellow eyes, such as I was. I knew him, it was Kiba. He had been dodging and attacking the machine that was firing lasers at him. He had finally gotten hit and fell. I took action and took down the machine, then running away, only the grey one saw me quickly go up a mountain and disappear onto a cliff.