Prelude: Day 0

Prelude: Day 0

(In an old man’s voice):

This is a story about an ordinary girl named January Miller, born and raised in a small-town named Orange, New Jersey. She lived most of her life in a pretty sheltered environment with a somewhat dysfunctional family seeing as her mother go-go dances at night to make extra cash and waitresses by day and her dad skipped out on them when she was just five.

Despite this fact, January became one of the few students in her class to have a perfect score on the SATs and because of this became known as the ‘smart girl’ and nothing more. Determined to make a name for herself in the city that never sleeps, upon her high school graduation, she decided to go to one of the many Ivy League schools she was accepted to---Columbia University.

Her mind was on nothing more than school and books that is until she met a boy and not just any boy but the kind of boy that a girl like her would never get even in their wildest dreams.

This boy goes by the name of Henry Adams, who most would call extraordinary. Born and raised in Boston, Massachusetts, he has always been known as the golden boy. Raised in a loving home full of doctors, there was no doubt that he would grow up pursuing the profession.  In high school, he was the one who hanged out with everyone and could easily be liked by anyone. And now still, he is the one every girl wants and every guy wants to be especially at Columbia University where he is the big man on campus.

Some find it strange that a boy like Henry would have ever been with a girl like January Miller and even more strange that it lasted nearly a year. But like the old saying goes…opposites do attract but in this case only for a short period of time.

Now let me take you to where the story begins or rather I should say ends…