Chapter Fourteen

I left the vaults after returning all the books. I kept the contract, though. It belonged with a Hagoromo, not locked in Konoha's vaults. I slipped the contract into my pocket before knocking on the door, stepping back so the jonin could open them.

Miku and I blink as we reach ground level, our eyes adjusting to the sudden brightness. I squinted as I made my way up the stairs. I thought I had spent enough time in the vaults for night to arrive... With a sigh I climb up the remaining stairs, knocking on the door.

I entered at the dreary,"Come in," Tsunade sat up straighter as she saw me. "Keira! You were down there for over a day! What were you doing?!?"

My eyes widen slightly. A whole day? "Well," I tap my chin as I thought, "I learned the shadow clone jutsu, gained a new summoning, made a friend," I glance at Miku, "Learned about my clans, and... oh, yeah. At one point I took a pocky break."

Tsunade sweat dropped slightly. "So, who's your friend?" She asked, gesturing to my shoulder.

"Oh, this is Miku," I introduce, "She's my summoning. A silver starling."

"That's amazing. I'm glad you were able to find something useful. Did you find what you're looking for?" She asked.

"Yeah.. yeah, I suppose I did," I nodded slowly. "Tsunade-sama, could you do me a favor?" I asked.

"Matters what it is," She told me.

"Nothing big," I hurriedly placate her. "I just want a leaf shinobi headband. I don't have mine anymore,"

"Of course you can," She said, rifling through her drawers. "Speaking of which, I would like to have an ANBU test you, to see what level you're at,"

I take the blue headband from her outstretched hand, tying it around my neck. "I was planning on training for the next few days at training ground twelve," I tell her.

"Okay," She agreed. "I'll send and ANBU down in three days. Be prepared by then," She orders. I nod.

"One last thing," I interject. She sighs wearily. "What are the signs for the transportation jutsu?"

She allows her forehead to slam onto the desk tabletop. "They can never use the door, can they?" She mutters to herself.

***

With a puff of smoke I appear in front of the weapons shop. I walk inside the shop, spinning in a quick circle as I view all the weapons. A quick cough interrupts my gawking, and I turn towards an older man. He was bent over, a close eyed smile on his face as he gazed up at me.

I resisted the urge to fist pump. Finally, someone who was shorter then me! "And what are you looking for, young lady?" He asks.

"A bow and arrow," I state firmly.

He raises an eyebrow. "And why would a young lady such as yourself want a weapon like this?"

"I'm a shinobi. I need weapons and I want a bow and arrow," I tell him.

He walks away, beckoning me to follow. "Terrible times when everyone needs a weapon to defend themselves. Not as bad as it has been, though. In comparison to how it once was, this is amazing peace," He commented.

I nodded. He was old enough to remember the wars we used to be in. We arrived at a section of wall dedicated totally to bows. "Your height?" He asked, peering at my face.

"Five foot zero," I stated slightly defensively.

He nods and begins muttering to himself as he back and forth across the display. "Do looks matter to you?" He asked.