Chapter Nineteen

There was a strange joy in fighting together with team seven once again.

Even if we were fighting for our lives.

"I've never seen you so beat up, senpai," Captain Yamato regarded Kakashi with slightly concerned eyes.

"Well, excuse me," Kakashi muttered sarcastically.

The enemy must be powerful, Yamato thought, concerned.

"I see we've got another comedian. You already look worn out," Kakazu taunted Naruto.

I glanced at Naruto out of the corner of my eye. It was true. Naruto had scrapes and bruises, his clothes were dirty, and his eyes looked tired.

Training hard, huh Naruto? I thought into it his head. He smirked and nodded slightly.

"Keira, can you control him with your mind?" Kakashi asked under his breath. I shook my head.

"That really only works against weak minded opponents," I reply, frustrated. "The best I can do is distract him slightly."

Kakashi nodded. "Do it. This is Naruto's turn, but that doesn't mean we can't help."

I nod and join my flock in the trees, ready to help Naruto when he needed it. Sakura and Sai go to give Shikamaru the support he surely didn't need, while the rest of is prepared to fight Kakazu

"What do you think reinforcements will do for you?" Kakazu taunts, "Now I just have a wider variety if hearts to chose from."

"I can handle him," Naruto declared, widening his stance.

"Did he finish it?" Kakashi asked lowly.

Yamato shook his head and Kakashi grimaced his understanding. I wince slightly. Naruto would be going up against this guy with an unfinished jutsu.

"But... Actually, just watch. You're about to see a completely new Naruto."

Naruto made several shadow clones and sent them to attack Kakazu. My eyes widened, impressed. Naruto had a much greater understanding of shadow clones.

The way I treated them was just as greater numbers. Naruto used them to gain information of the enemy. Shadow clones truly were his most reliable jutsu.

And I knew he had a lot more to show us.

***

I couldn't believe what I just saw.

I stared in shock at Naruto, who was being healed. How could he...? But he... I never knew....

"Wow...." I mumble. I had felt completely useless. Naruto had grown stronger. Much, much stronger.

I wince and touch my bruised cheek, the only proof that I'd been in the fight other than my low chakra and still sore ribs.

Miku hadn't been so lucky. When Naruto hit Kakazu with his new jutsu, it had thrown her out of the air. I had barely been able to catch her in time, but she still suffered from a broken wing.

"The summoning is about to run out," she told me. I stroked her head lightly.

"Stay just a little longer and Ino can heal you," I whispered.

"I'll be healed when I return. Don't worry, I promise to rest," she chuckled.

"Alright," I smile. With a puff of smoke she disappeared.

I stand, brushing the dirt from my legs. Turning to the rest of the group, I smile.

"Keira, can you check on Shikamaru, Sai, and Sakura?" Kakashi requests.