Chapter 1:

Chapter 1:

I, Cheyenne, Cody, and Hugh were all hanging out at my house playing rock band. Except for me and Hugh. I was on my laptop typing an essay for Science class. An essay I really didn’t feel like writing at this time. Cody and Cheyenne was talking and yelling “I beat your ass” while playing it. Hugh continued poking me in my side.

“Allison, stop writing right now. Play rock band with us. We will be nice and let you sing “The Prophecy" by Asking Alexandria “NO!!” Cheyenne and Cody protested.

Hugh turned around and spat quickly at them, “Shut the hell up you guys. Let her sing it. She sings better than you two combined anyways.”

Cheyenne slides off the bed, walks over to Hugh, for a moment pretended as though she was going to hug him, then smacked him across the face.

“BITCH PLEASE! I’ll admit she can sing, but we don’t feel like going deaf from her screaming the screamo parts.”

I flashed a glance at Cheyenne and rolled my eyes. “Fine, then I’ll sit here and do my work. I like doing this more anyways.” I said my voice quiet and shy.

Hugh gave Cheyenne and Cody a look telling them to be nice and let me play. They looked at each other then sighed. “Fine, Allison come sing it.”

I turned in my seat and looked at them. I began to think about protesting but then gave in when Hugh looked at me and nodded as though convincing me too.

I stood up and walked over to them and grabbed the microphone. They quickly went to the song and hit play. I didn’t think they would actually let me but the minute it started playing, I went into hype mode. Cheyenne was playing drums, Cody was playing guitar, and Hugh was playing bass. The second the words showed up, my voice flowed out.

“How stubborn are the scars when they won't fade away! Or just a gentle reminder that now are better days!” I screamed quickly.

I felt my voice, powerful and unable to be controlled as I sang aloud for everyone to hear. I could tell me everyone’s expressions that they were amazed to hear my voice as strong as it was. I was amazed too. At first I thought the scream would throw me off. I was never able to scream real well after I got my tonsils taken out. But suddenly my voice screamed perfectly and strongly. It didn’t scratch or throw me off at all. My voice seemed more powerful now than it ever has before.

It felt like the song ended so soon though. I dropped the microphone when the song was over and looked at the group, staring at me in disbelief.

“What the hell are you guys staring at?” I said, the words quickly slurring off my tongue.

None of them said a word. It was 5 whole torturous minutes of quietness. Then Hugh was the first one to actually say something.

“Allison, your voice just then was unbelievable. I thought you got your tonsils taken out! Normally when you get them out and are able to sing before you do, your singing career is over.” He said without hesitation at all.

I stood there under a trance, thinking. Then suddenly found the words to answer him. “Apparently it just made my voice better? I don’t know. I thought my voice would be ruined too.”

Cody and Cheyenne sat there for a moment. Then Cody began talking.

“I…have…a…IDEA! Allison, you are fucking BEAST at singing. I am decent at guitar. Hugh is rocking on bass. And Chey is like a fucking devil on drums. We need to start a damn band. And we will be a kick ass rock band if I do say so myself.”

I stared at him. “Cody…STOP FUCKING CUSSING GOD DAMN IT!”

Cody’s eyes got wide. “WHAT THE HECK YOU JUST CUSSED BITCH!”

I and Cody began yelling at each other, and then Cheyenne stepped over and punched Cody in the stomach. “Shut up both of you! Jeesh, if you two yell at each other one more time, Cody you are going in the dog pin, Allison you are going to sit in the fricking corner!”

Hugh covered his mouth and quietly started laughing to himself. We all stared at Cody in disbelief. He’s never had a good idea in his life! Then I began speaking.

“You know guys? He’s right. We should start a band. And I know the perfect place where we can start.” I said quickly.

Everyone stopped and stared at me.

“I can book us a gig at the homecoming dance. We’ll be performing in front of the entire school. We’ll be sure to get ourselves discovered.” I said quickly.

For about 10 minutes it was total quietness and wondering if we should go through with this or not. Then Cheyenne stands up.

“I’m in. Hugh, are you?” She said quickly.

Hugh sat still for a moment as though thinking if it was a good idea or not. Then he stands up and throws his arm around me. “I’m in.”