■Echoing■

Shelby's POV

My hands are shaking. I was visiting the Offices with everyone when we got the news. The hospital was right there. just feet away. The TV blares above us. I heard the helicopters that the view is coming from.

"WHAT THE HECK?!" Max growled.

Adam looked worried, probably thinking of Aleasa and Mason. "Just... We listen to whatever they tell us, alright?" Adam firmly said the last word.

I gave a shaky nod. I looked for Ross, he wasn't there, neither was Red. I scrunched up my face. They ran back in on cue, hugging one or two bags of chips. "Pigs," I roughly joked.

"I'm surviving with my child at least!" Ross hissed.

Adam got a phone call and hurriedly left the room. "Mason," Jess whispered next to me.

I nodded at her. We turned out head as another gunshot was heard nextdoor. I looked at the Tv. They were shooting someone?!

The person was struck several times. It stumbled forward and swung at a Officer. The uniformed female scrambled away and shot it in the head. Down it falls.

The TV NewsPerson screeched overhead, "More people in the hospital are reported to be like this. Taking several shots until dying! Is this it?! Is the the zombie a- AHHHHH!!"

The mic fell to the ground and you could hear screaming. The camera flicked to the NewsPerson. People that worked there ran and after a second or two three human... Things, stumbled after. They wailed like sick wolves, groaning with no emotion. There was a scream and the camera went to static. Streams rung in my ears.

"We need... We need to get stuff and go to my house. I have a lot of room, less glass then here, and some more... Supplies," Adam said weakly.

His voice was normally strong and proud. Now, broken?

I simply nodded, the others realized that this wasn't a joke anymore.

Their screaming still echoed my ears.

Echoing and echoing.