42. Happy ending

Above is a picture drawn by claudiajprpa Isn't it cute? It's from the butterfly scene when Sherlock threw the ball on purpose over the edge. Thank you so much for this! It's absolutely gorgeous!

Sherlock woke up as first. The sunlight was directly on his face, causing him to bury his face back into his pillow. He groaned slightly, feeling exhausted. He then frowned as he felt arms around him and jerked his head up, ignoring the fact that the sun was shining brightly in his face. For a moment he forgot that John was present in his room. He smiled down at his sleeping hobbit. He caressed John's cheek with his thumb, butterflies bumping against his tummy. He leaned over and kissed his cheek sweetly. John stirred in his sleep, rolling away from Sherlock. Sherlock rolled with his eyes, chuckling softly. He decided to let John sleep for a little bit longer. He slipped out of his bed and wrapped himself into his night gown. He wondered if Mrs Hudson was downstairs.

Sherlock descended the stairs and smelled something delicious. He grinned. Mrs Hudson.

"Sherlock is that you?" She yelled from the kitchen. Sherlock didn't reply, he approached her, a calm expression on his face. Mrs Hudson was frying eggs. It was like for a whole army.

"Good morning dear." She said, craning her neck to look at him.

"Good morning." He replied nicely. "Can I help?" He offered. Her brows knitted together in a frown. Sherlock sighed. "I want to make breakfast for John." He pointed out. Mrs Hudson squealed slightly.

"There are trays in the drawer where you're standing." She said. Sherlock nodded, pulling the drawer open and took two yellow plastic trays out of it. He then placed it on the counter. While Mrs Hudson was working on the eggs. Sherlock began with other things, stuff he knew. He turned on the kettle, preparing tea for both of them. He took an extra mug for Mrs Hudson, being a gentleman. Mrs Hudson smiled as she saw him making tea for her as well. While the water was boiling, Sherlock placed toasted bread on both plates which Mrs Hudson already prepared. He also placed fruit juice on it together with the now ready tea. Mrs Hudson was done with the eggs and laid them on the toasts.

"Enjoy your breakfast dear." She said motherly, taking a sip from the tea he prepared.

"I will." He replied fondly. Sherlock picked up the two trays, carefully wandering to the room. He silently tiptoed into the bedroom with the breakfast trays in his hands. He placed the trays on the bed, ever so gently as to not spill anything. He cautiously leaned over, face burying in John's neck.

"John." He whispered, breathing in the scent from his hopefully future man. John mumbled something unintelligibly.
"Jawn wake up." Sherlock said, placing feather kisses on John's neck. Sherlock rolled with his eyes as John kept mumbling weird things. "John." Sherlock said with his normal voice. John's forehead crinkled and his eyes fluttered open.

"Sherlock?" He said weakly, a yawn escaping his lips. Sherlock grinned, his lips moving from John's neck to his mouth. John chuckled, melting on his lips.

"Good morning." Sherlock purred on his lips.

"A very good morning." John clarified. Sherlock hummed, pulling away and sat himself upright.

"I've made breakfast." He paused. "Well, me and Mrs Hudson." He corrected himself. John yawned again, rubbing his eyes as he sat up as well. His eyes widened a bit at the perfect breakfast lying in front of him.

"God Sherlock... Thank you." He blurted out, a blush blooming over his face. Sherlock beamed, proud on himself. Sherlock knew he was getting soft. That's what John had done to him. John changed him. But he didn't mind one bit. He loved him, with every fibre in his body.