Chapter 20- Invisible Lover's Kiss- CanadaXReader #2

Maybe my heart was intacted in my body, but it seemed like in this cold, everything was made of ice. The place on my body that hurt the most was the most fragile part of my body: my heart. It was frozen in the time when nothing mattered to me. I stood there, alone and hurting.

Alone.

I wish that the one perfect man would waltz right on in on me and hold me close. Only problem with that is that men are stupid. When they find that perfect person, they treat them like trash. At least thats what every man  that had the key to my heart did.

And all men are the same in my mind.

I cuddled my broken self and cried out tears of pain. I wished that I had never been born... No one knows I'm here anyways. No nody cares... No body knows.... Not that it matters. I'm invisible to everyone. My tears slid off my cheek and splat onto the grass blade. It hung there for a moment, then dropped to the ground.

"Are you okay?" Whispered a voice from behind me. I shot up, looking around.

"W-Who said that?" I whispered back. I felt somebody's warmth from their skin come up against my arm. I turned around to see a man with sparkling blue eyes. "H-Hello... Can I help you with s-something, sir?" I asked.

He seemed shocked about something, though I didn't know what. "You can s-see me?" He quiestioned shakily.

I nodded slowly. "Yeah.... And you can see me, too, right?"I stated. He nodded.

"Yes. So what are you doing out here all alone?" He continued.

I rolled my eyes. "Dealing with stuff. Like you would care." I hissed.

"What makes you think I wouldn't care?" He asked.

"You'll be like the rest of the men... You won't care at all about anything I tell you." I retorted. He frowned, moving to the front of me.

"I care. I care because I've never really had anyone to talk to me about anything. I think its nice just talking to you right now." He replied kindly.

I rolled my eyes. "You win this round. Who are you, anyways?"

"I'm Matthew. Matthew Williams." He crowed. "And you are?"

"__________." I replied. He smiled a bright and white smile that matched the whites of his eyes. I tried to smile back, though it had been so long, I had virtually forgotten how too. I tried my best to return the favor. "Darnit!" I snapped, trying to smile.

He chuckled, taking my face with his hands and making me smile. I blushed a little bit, unfamiliar with the warm and welcoming feel of his hands. He chuckled lightly, moving his hands down and off of my face.

"Why is it so hard for you to smile on your own?" He asked. I shrugged, turning away so he wouldn't see my candy-apple red face.

"I-I don't know!" I squeaked. He chuckled again, moving his hand to the opposite side of my cheek, turning my head to face him. My face lit up like a Christmas tree as he laughed a bit harder.

"How cute you are." He stated, seeming to be gaining confidence by the minute. It was quite strange, considering he had started out this conversation like a shy kid on the first day of preschool, and now he was pretty close to having the confidence of a pop star.

It sickened me.

I wished I could gain more confidence. It seemed that he was feeding off of mine, his courage growing by the minute while mine shrunk.

I stood up, grabbing my bag and smiling.

"Well, Matthew. I think I must be going." I whispered, lying straight through my mouth. He stood up as well.

"Oh, okay. Can I get a goodbye hug? I haven't really met anybody who could talk to me the way you did." he continued. I nodded, smiling and dropping my bag.

He stepped forward and pulled me into a giant hug. When he pulled off and began to step away. I waved as he turned away. Yet, I couldn't see him walk away.

"Wait, Matthew!" I yelled, running and tripping over my bag. He turned quickly and grabbed my, catching me from my fall. I stared up at him and his deep, blue eyes. He helped me back up and moved the bag out of our way. I walked up towards him, taking his hands and clasping them between mine.

"Y-You know what?" I whispered.

"What?" He echoed.

I smiled, building up the little bits of courage I had left. I stood up on my tip-toes and touched my nose to his. "Don't leave." I cooed, pressing my lips to his. A spark of something special sparked between us.

"That was perfect..." He crowed when I pulled away. I nodded, agreeing with the statement. He smiled, letting my hands go and turning to walk away.

"No!" I yelled. He stopped and turned back. "I said don't leave!" He smiled, turning back.

"I won't."

And that was the day that realization struck me hard. I realized something very important that night, and that thing was:

MOST men are the same. You feel left behind until that onbe special man comes to you and sweeps you off your feet. And when he does,

You never think straight.