Chapter 2 - Welcome to Hell high, have a nice day

Walking into the reception of the school, i take a brief look around. I notice it looks fairly modern and looked after. I make my way to the desk and spot a little bell on the top. I ding it, obviously. Otherwise i'd probably be waiting a while. 

An old woman shuffles in from a doorway behind the desk and plonks herself down in a chair. The woman looks around sixty, with long silver hair and a face that seems so have seen many years. She looks too old to be in a job like this, but everyone needs money these days and they'll take any job at any age just to tie them over to the next month. I'm just lucky that i don't need to work. My father has pretty much set me up for life, money wise.

The old woman looks up at me and smiles a toothy grin. 

"Good morning dear, what can i do for you today?"

"Oh, hi.." I say nervously, "I'm new here, and i think i need to collect my schedule?" 

"Ah yes, here it is" The lady hands me my schedule, it feels heavy and stiff in my hands.

"Thank you" I smile at her and begin to walk away.

"No problem dear, and if you have trouble finding your way around, just come to me" She grins.

It takes me exactly twelve minutes to find my locker and my first class, which just happened to be calculus. If only this day could get worse.

I stride in and head for the teacher at the front of the classroom. 

"Hi, i'm new. My name is Jaz", I introduce myself and smile. The teacher looks at my with disgust and points to any empty chair, next to a guy that looks like an absolute asshole.

I walk slowly to my seat and make a point of scraping my chair to piss off the teacher. A girl to my left giggles and looks at me.

"Hi, don't worry about that old asshole, he's just pissed because he got turned down by one of the teachers in school" She giggles again, her wavy brown hair matching her blue ones.

"That makes sense", i smile at her and giggle a little. It doesn't hurt to make friends right? "Hi, i'm Jaz"

"I'm Grace, nice to meet you" She smiles at me again and turns towards the front. I take that as my cue to sit down and shut up.

It's then that i noticed the guy sat next to me, the one i said looked like an asshole. I looj out of the corner of my eye, and although i can't see much, i can see he has dark brown hair, swept across his forehead and he has bright blue eyes, like that electric blue that you rarely see. I sigh at myself, due to the obvious attraction i am feeling towards him. I won't deny the attraction but i won't act on it. Not after the accident.

I sigh and focus my attention on the board in front of me, which is full of stupid equations i won't ever need to use in my career after i finish high school and college. I want to be a graphic designer, something i love doing i drawing, so why not?

The bell rings after an hour and i head to my next class, hoping this one is less eventful. As it turns out, all my classes are, but i have noticed the mystery blue eyed guy seems to be in all my classes.

But still, all i want to do is get home to my nice comfy bed.