Chapter Two: Camelot

Amelia’s POV

When I had heard him introduce himself as Merlin I fainted. I couldn’t be sure if I fainted because I was in too much pain or the fact that I think I just met Merlin the legend. Maybe someone named him after Merlin that would make sense. However I doubt that considering he had been talking to someone and he addressed him as Arthur.

Everything came flowing back to me as sunlight shined in my eyes as I opened them up. I found myself within a small room lying on a single bed which hurt my back. I sat up slowly finding the sun coming through the open window to my right. I pushed of the blanket which didn’t seem to keep me warm at all.

I found myself wearing a white t-shirt and black bottoms. Why am I wearing boy clothes? These clothes seem so familiar but why would they, there so odd. As I went to get out the bed my head started to ache. I felt like I needed to be sick but I held it back and got back under the covers. Maybe I should stay here for now.

I wonder where I am. Where is Tabitha did she just ditch me? Where is this Merlin who said he was here to help? What had happened in the library? So many questions and there don’t seem to be any answers. I wanted to go exploring find out why I am in this bed with these clothes but I knew I couldn’t. I wouldn’t get far feeling like this.

I couldn’t help but feel so cold. Why is it so cold in here? Has no one heard of heating, clearly not? As I thought about closing my eyes to block the sun out my eyes as it seemed to be making my head hurt more the wooden door to the room opened and in stepped a tall, thin young man wearing a blue t-shirt, black trousers and boots along with a brown jacket and a neckerchief which is red. His black hair and pasty skin made his blue eyes stand out more.

In all my wildest dreams I had never imagined someone so perfect, someone so hansom and adorable in my life. Where had he been hiding all my life? I couldn’t be surer now. With this room, the clothes he is wearing and I am wearing but it couldn’t be I don’t understand how it could be possible.

“How are you,” he asked with a cheeky smile. I nearly melted under the blanket.

“I’m alright but I got a head ache. Not to be rude but who are you?” I asked.

“Oh right, I am Merlin. I lent you my room as I knew you would need it. Your friend is keeping very quiet and has not explained to me why you and she were out in the forest on your own. It is dangerous and I do not recognise you from Camelot,” he spoke.

Camelot......it can’t be. How could it be possible? If this is Camelot and he is called Merlin, then he is.....oh my god. Merlin is so dreamy too. Snap out of it, Amelia we have bigger things to worry about. Why do I have bigger things to worry about? I am in the one place I have learnt about for years. A place I have always wanted to know and be within. Merlin, the greatest warlock ever known is right here in front of me what more can I want.

“You wouldn’t believe me even if I told you. Don’t worry it will not happen again. Where is Tabitha?” I asked.

“She is just next door having something to eat with Gaius,” smiled Merlin.

“Gaius he is still alive then,” I said cheerfully. Merlin looked at me weirdly.

“My.....father told me once about him when he visited here,” I lied quickly.

“Oh right I see. I’ll get you something to eat. You and Tabitha can stay here for as long as you need to or want to. Arthur has also asked me to insure you both are looked after,” Merlin said as he went to leave.

“Merlin....are you married?” I asked him.

“No I am not. Why do you ask?”

“No reason it’s just good information to know,” I said. Merlin nodded at me before he left the room.