-11-

That light is shining a bit brighter than I would have imagined... I must be traveling up...

Mother... Mom... I...

I'm sorry...

I tried... I really did... but... They didn't want me seeing you again...

It's not fair, it's really not...

But...

I love you.

My eyelids were slowly awakening, and my eyes were getting used to the room's awkward lighting.

I was in a bed, as my hands were clutching tightly onto black and white sheets. To my left was a window with the drapes open towards the bed and I. The rest of it was covering the window. To my right was a wall, which was strewn with posters of many different animals with inspirational quotes.

Oh no...

Oh god, I'm in someone's house. How did I get here? I need to get out there and find those dastardly hy- AHHH!

My back. It felt like five thousand needles were pricking into it when I tried to move. And that was just me trying to sit up.

I was in so much pain that I couldn't move.

"Great..." I muttered sadly to myself. I need to get to Beatrice and find out what she was really doing with these hybrids. Was she assembling an army of some sort? Why?

Just to capture me?

I felt only a small bit of pain while I picked up my arm, holding my hand so my eyes could see them. It looked fine, at least to a human's standard. I twisted it around, flexing my fingers as well. I let it fall back onto the bed, it laying on the soft blanket.

Suddenly, voices.

Well, it was specifically one voice. It still made me panic. My eyes shot from side to side, but I couldn't do anything about my circumstance if I couldn't get up. I made sure my ears were down and looked towards the door, which was slowly opening.

"Yes, yes, Andy, I fed the plants earlier. I'm not letting work take over the house again. No, no, Mrs. Stevens' hamsters went home yesterday. Boy, were they a rio-" The woman's eyes widened as she peered in my direction and saw my open eyes.

The sandwich on the plate that she was holding fell to the ground, breaking the silence that stood between us.

"Yea, Andy? I'm going to have to call you back, OK? Talk to you soon, I love you." She quickly hung up her phone and made my way to the bed.

"Oh... oh my goodness. You're awake. Wow... what a miracle." The woman hurried to the desk in the far corner of the room, opening a laptop and typing furiously into it. She then went to a drawer and pulled out a vial, pouring the contents into a small cup and pushing said cup into my hand.

"Here. Drink this." She said calmly. My hand clamped the cup, but refused to move. I didn't exactly trust this woman just yet.

"What? You don't want to? It's pain reliever, therefore safe to drink. Trust me, please." She smiled, sitting on the edge of the bed. My throat emitted a tiny growl of disapproval, but I swallowed the strange liquid.

It tasted like ocean water, but soon after I felt a little bit better.

"See? What did I tell you?" I looked to the side, then back at her.