Little Ginny Weasley -Unbreakable

Unbreakable

I slowly drag myself out of bed. The scars from last night's detention are still visible on my body and I stare at them in the mirror. My red hair hangs limply around my face. My once alive and sparkling eyes are now dull and have a haunted look. I think back to a few summers ago when my biggest worry was trying to get Harry to like me; now my biggest worry is simply trying to stay alive.

So far away

I wet a washcloth and dab at my face, washing away any blood that I missed last night. I wince when I touch a sensitive and deep scratch that I had gotten for talking back to the Carrows. The scratch is still angry, red, and oozing, but it was worth it, even if I still can't figure out what hex it was.

If only Hermione were here, she would know how to fix my cheek. My thoughts of Hermione, undoubtedly, lead to Ron and, finally, Harry. A deep and aching pain starts at my stomach and spreads throughout my entire body as thoughts of him sour through my mind.

This time, this place

Misused, mistakes

Too long, too late

Who was I to make you wait?

I think back to what he said when he broke up with me; I can still remember it word for word.

“Ginny, listen...I can't be involved with you anymore. We've got to stop seeing each other. We can't be together.”*

Those three short sentences hurt me. I knew that he still liked me and that the only reason he was breaking up with me was because Voldemort was on the loose, but it still hurt. It was like every word he said, someone brought a chisel to my heart and was slowly chipping off pieces of it. And my response was right on target.

“It's for some stupid, noble reason, isn't it?”*

Yes, yes it was.

Just one chance, just one breath

Just in case there's just one left

'Cause you know

You know, you know

And that kiss in my bedroom.... I admit I still dream about it and wish that it didn't have to be broken so soon. If only Ron hadn't come in. If only Harry didn't leave. If only he didn't break up with me. If only's and wishes don't do any good, though. This is reality and I have to get through it, even if it means clinging to my hopes and dreams for the future and my memories of the past.

I only wish I knew where he was and that he was safe....

That I love you, I have loved you all along

And I miss you, been far away for far too long

I keep dreaming you'll be with me and you'll never go

Stop breathing if I don't see you anymore

Tears of anger and hurt well up in my eyes and I try to blink them away, but one slips out. I watch in the mirror as it slowly creeps down my cheek and chin, dropping onto my shirt, and leaving a tiny wet spot right above my heart.

Rage suddenly courses through my veins. I feel so mad at Harry for leaving me, my mom and dad for sending me back to Hogwarts, Ron and Hermione for disappearing to goodness knows where, the Carrows for creating the scars that are all over my body and heart, and Voldemort for creating this stupid mess in the first place.