Little Ginny Weasley- Incredible

Incredible

It's past one, Harry should be here, soon.

There's something about the way

the street looks when it's just rained

I sink lower in the couch as Dean passes by, not wanting to talk to him. Not that he would want to talk to me, anyway. We don't associate anymore, he and I. Ever since the break up. I don't really miss him. We never had a strong relationship or friendship. Not like me and Harry. Now, there's a strong friendship, with sparks, too. Now, if only the boy would see it...

Sunlight streams through the open windows. Its rays seems to bounce off people and land on me. I can feel their warmth. I close my eyes and open them again. It is now five past one.

There's a glow off the pavement

you walk me to the car

Gryffindors laugh, talk, and mingle around me. Ron struts around like Merlin himself, brandishing the Quidditch cup for all the world to see. “We won! You won! We won!” It seems to be all he can say around his broad grin.

Hermione elbows people out of the way and sits next to me on the couch. “Phew! This is some party.” She offers me some of her butterbeer and I take a sip. “Where's Harry?”

She knows me so well. I almost feel embarrassed for sitting here and waiting for him to arrive. Man, I sound desperate.

“He's not here yet.” I say.

Hermione gives me a sympathetic look. “Don't worry, he'll be here, soon.”

And you know I want to ask you to dance right there

in the middle of the parking lot, yeah

I glance at the clock again; it is now ten past one. Where is he?

I wonder what I should do when he finally does arrive. I want to do something, I just don't know what. Should I give him a small, secretive smile? A hug? Or, goodness parish the thought, a kiss?

What would he think of me? Would he return the gesture? I know he's not soft on Cho Chang, anymore, but I don't know who the newest lucky girl is. Lately, I could have sworn I've seen him glance my way. Of course, I'm probably just seeing things. It would be so clich� for him to like me. Me, his best friend's little sister. Ron's little sister. Fred's little sister. George's little sister. Percy's little sister. I have too many older brothers. Thankfully, I don't have an older, prettier sister, or I would never even have a chance at Harry.

We're driving down the road

I wonder if you know

I'm trying so hard not to get caught up now

Oh, gosh he's coming. The portrait hole is slowly opening....

Before I can rethink my actions, I'm running towards him.

This is it. I'm going to do it. I'm going to do it!

I kiss him.

I don't know who finally breaks the kiss. I just know my breathing is labored and my cheeks are flushed and I don't know when I've ever felt this happy. It's been a long time, I know. I look up at him. His cheeks are also flushed, his glasses crooked, and his black hair messier than usual. I can't think of a time when he's looked more handsome.

But you're just so cool, run your hands through your hair

absentmindedly making me want you