Doctor Who: Circus Nightmare (Short Story 5)- Chapter 2

The Doctor had just been talking to you. Then he had turned around for a second and when he turned back you were gone! He called for you several times but nothing. He took a deep breath, “Great, no TARDIS, no screwdriver, and no companion.” Then all the mirrors in the room flickered with light until there was a ghostly reflection of you.

“Doctor. Help me!” You screamed.

He ran to one of the mirrors, “Where are you. Stupid question you’re in a mirror. Better question how'd you get in there?”

“I, I don’t know. I was talking to you and then… I can’t remember.” your voice cracked and so did the mirror.

“It’s ok. I’m going to get you out just stay come, and intact.”

“Doctor.” Your voice got faint as the mirror started to blink with light and then the Doctor was looking at himself in the mirror.

“No, no, no. Come back.” he hit the side of the mirror and then stepped back. “Where are you?”

===========================================

The fireplace flickered and snickered in the warm toasty living room. The walls were lined with photographs and portraits of people that you recognized. The dark wooden polished floor creaked as a woman walked across it and toward the man sitting in a maroon colored chair in front of the fireplace with a newspaper in hand.

“Honey? Did you know that the Coppers got a new factory set up just down the road?”

The woman in finely dressed clothing set down a plate of cookies on a table in front of the man. “Did they? I thought they would have been out of business and on the streets by now?” She didn’t take off the smile on her face.

The man nodded. “Apparently they married their oldest daughter to some rich local bloke. Now they’ve got more money to flush down the toilet.” They both laughed in harmony and the realization of who they were made you shiver.

In fact everything made you shiver. The spacious room, the fluffed pillows and fine carpet.

Your legs wobbled and your heart beat out of your chest. “This shouldn’t be here” was all you could think.

The sound of paws hit the ground as a golden retriever walked into the room while following a teenage boy with dark hair. “Mum!” He yelled. You moved out of the way as he walked past you. “Hey sis.” He gave a slight nod in your direction. “Mum!” The golden retrieve immediately ran to you and began to lick your hand.

“Yes Xavier?” The woman looked up at him.

“Can I go to the mall with Sam tomorrow?”

“Only if you take your sister.” For the first time the woman acknowledged your presence by looking at you.

“But she doesn’t even want to go!” Xavier complained.

“I’m sure your sister would love to go.” The woman looked back at her son. “Right?” All three of them looked at you, and when you looked down even the dog was staring up at you.

“What?” You asked.

“Wouldn’t you like to go to the mall with your brother tomorrow?” She repeated.

Your whole body shook and you felt as if you would turn into liquid any second. Fear and confusion coursed through your bones and blood. “You-you can’t be here. You aren’t…real, you aren’t….alive.”

Your father put down his newspaper and laughed. “Of course we are now answer your mother’s question.”

You took a step back but tripped over the dog and fell to the ground. “But your dead!” Your vision was becoming blurry. “This isn’t right! You can’t be here, you can’t be alive! I-I-I killed you!”