Doctor Who: Circus Nightmare (Short Story 5)- Chapter 1

Somewhere in the universe….

“When I say now, pull the leaver!” The Doctor’s voice yelled and echoed through the metal corridor.

“Ok!” you yelled back running past the blood stained floor. You ran to the panel waiting for the command. The Doctor was down the hallway stalling the alien creatures and setting up the electric wave. You had been traveling with him for a bit now and you were used to how it worked.

“NOW!” you heard his voice and pulled down hard. There was an electric zapping sound that almost blew your ear drums out. It took a while for the beeping sound in your head to stop but when you did there was just silence.

“Doctor?” No answer, “Are you all right?” Still no reply.

You slowly walked down the hall. You saw two fried aliens and an unconscious Doctor. He must have got shocked when the electric wave went off! You quickly ran to him, “Doctor?! Come on wake up! If you don’t get up I’m stuck on this planet!”

“It’s nice to know you’re concerned about me.” He mumbled. You smiled then laughed as he sat up and you saw his brown hair burned at the ends and sticking up more than usual. “Miss me?” He asked.

You hit him on the arm, “Don’t you ever get electrocuted again!”

He stood up, “Well you did?”

“What?”

“Nothing.” He said stretching and looking at the aliens that were now dead.

You flinched as there were loud growling noises and thuds echoing from down the hall.

“More?” you asked.               

“Yeah…I thought there might be.”

“What do we do?”

He dove his hand into an electric panel in the wall and ripped out some wires then he turned to you, “Run!” He grabbed your hand and you ran down the hall.

“What did you do?” you yelled as you ran out the tall yet thin and dull lonely building on this planet.

“Set the station to-”

BOOM!!! There was a loud explosion.

“Explode?” You asked once you and the Doctor had recovered from being thrown onto the dusty ground outside the lab. He nodded too blown away to talk yet. You both looked at each other and started to laugh historically.

==============================================================

After a change of clothes and a shower to get all the ash out of your hair, you walked into the TARDIS’s console room. “So,” Said the Doctor, “Where to now?”

You thought about it, “Maybe the circus!! I love the circus!” You said.

He smiled, “I do too! So crazy and full of life.” He started to tell the history of the very first circus there ever was, while pushing buttons on the consol. “There was this one circus show I went to with dancers that were on fire! Actual on fire! Amazing! But I bet they still get paid only minimal wage.” he laughed at his joke. You were just about to respond when the TARDIS started to shaking wildly. You grabbed onto the railing. “What?” The Doctor said. “What are you doing?” He said to the TARDIS, “Stop it!” The shaking got worse and you heard the sound like a giant balloon popping.

“Try please!” You yelled sarcastically.

But the Doctor took you seriously, “Please stop it!”