atychiphobia

atychiphobia: the abnormal, unwarranted, and persistent fear of failure

>>>>>month seven<<<<<

her

by lunchtime luna was certain her brain was on the brink of imploding within her skull and she wanted nothing more than to bolt. the loud lunchroom will only increase the horrid pulse, however, when she was invited by a tall tan boy to sit with him and his mates at their table how could she possibly refuse? it's not until she pushes her small frame through the doors does she finally place why this boy is so familiar. calum, who she shares a history and psychology class with, is seated right next to her blue eyed blond haired neighbor.

calum and luke look up together both spotting the dark haired girl at the same time; calum stands to wave luna over. she notices the cocky smirk plastered upon his face and the slight droop in luke's as he frowns. luna pouts slightly at luke, glad that he perks up at her acknowledgement. each slow step she takes sends a wave of agony from her feet all the way up to her head.

neither of the boys notice her flinch as she sits down, however.

_______________

him

she flinched as she took her seat and luke couldn't help but wonder if perhaps luna didn't want to spend her lunch period with himself and calum. luke knew if michael were there he'd make some idiotic comment that would most likely make her laugh and ease whatever tension seems to be eating away at her. unlike calum who seems to only be questioning her about eating and where she's from.

"oh, no i'm really not hungry." luna assured calum, her eyes sweep over toward luke who sits picking at the bread of his burger.

luke listens to the two of them chat for awhile, not bothering to interject himself into the conversation. he was content listening to her; luna's voice has a near indescribable ring to it, like bells chiming in the wind.

she glances over, feeling luke's gaze on her, he quickly tries to avert his eyes but he's already been caught. swearing silently to himself, luke was annoyed by the blood rushing to his cheeks, especially when luna cracks a grin at him. all while completely missing the story cal's been rambling on about for the past fifteen minutes.

the bell tolls loudly cutting calum off mid sentence and yanking luna's attention from luke.

"see you tomorrow, luna." cal smiles, gathering his things before acknowledging his long time friends' existence once again. "i'll see you after practice mate." luke nods watching him sprint from the lunchroom.