Breaking the walls: A Zoethian Fanfic

Chapter 1: The Future?

Zoey's POV

I walked through the bedroom and sat on my bed, waiting for Rythian to return: he'd gone to collect more seeds for the farm seeing as all we had in was meat and I was a vegetarian. The recent attack on our base was making it hard for us to survive, and I wondered if we'd ever make it back to our previous state of power. As I sat there waiting, my mind wandered to the future; was there a future for us or was this the end, would we part ways? I knew that I more than anyone wanted to stay with Rythian for the rest of my life. He was my rock, the one I found I could rely on even when others deserted me and left me to die. I never really told him about my past - mistreated as a child and homeless as a late teen. Blackrock lately had been more of a home to me than anywhere else; even in this state of disrepair: which caused me to snap out of my thoughts. I felt eyes on me and panicked, snapping my head up, only to find Rythian staring at me and chuckling quietly.

"What is it, Rythian? Was I doing something funny? Because I wasn't aware of it."

He replied, kind of. I could hardly distinguish between the manic laughter that had developed from the slight chuckling earlier... But I managed. I'll give you the easy version.

"You... You were talking to yourself... About... Power rangers!" I wondered where that had came from...

"Anyway, did you get the seeds?" I wondered, hearing my stomach grumble.

"Well, not seeds as such." He'd calmed down now, back to his normal, boring state, and after saying this he chucked a few loaves of bread at me. My eyes must have asked the question that my mouth didn't, because he answered it;

"I had a few spare emeralds, and I found a villager farm, so I put two and two together. If you're enjoying that, I'll go condense some more for the food chest." I chucked a loaf of bread back at him and he caught it swiftly and walked out. I sighed, he does too much for me. He's just amazing. If I cried, he'd be the one I would cry on, I decided, then I realised I'd finished the bread and my stomach was satisfied, so I lay down and closed my eyes, preparing for the night ahead.

-Time skip to morning-

Rythian's POV

I walked out of my bedroom, past Zoey's, and into the bathroom. Making sure the walls were intact, I pulled down my mask, and washed my face. I was always hesitant to touch water seeing as I'm highly allergic to most, but our water was held under the magic room and was always 'cleaned' before it could be used, so I was alright with it.

I turned the tap off, dried my hands, then after standing there for about 2 seconds I backed up against the wall behind me and sank down, my head in my hands. What must Zoey think of me? I act like I can't trust her most of the time. I start to wonder about the future; will she leave me like everyone else did or will she be the exception? Truth is, I'm scared to be alone. I need someone, someone to calm me down and someone to make me laugh... But with Zoey all I can think about is how she doesn't deserve to put up with me. I'm not worth th-

"Rythian? Are you in there?" Zoey's voice interrupted my thoughts. I stood up and walked out briskly, pulling my mask up before I reached the door and muttering a quick 'morning' on my way past Zoey. My thoughts will have to wait.