Chapter One

Psycho Billionaire Trailer done by Dredge116 💖

****
PLEASE READ

📢ANNOUNCEMENT!
BECAUSE THIS BOOK IS NOW PUBLISHED ON AMAZON. You can also read it on Radish fiction. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS BOOK IS NOW A SAMPLE. It was on wattpad for free since 2016 and I have worked really hard to make my publishing dream come true so please no hate. I hope you understand.

⚠️WARNING⚠️
This is NOT a feel good story, it is a psychological thriller with an UNCONVENTIONAL ROMANCE includes profanity and a psychotic male protagonist. Readers discretion advised.

****

PART ONE

KIARA

The first time I ever saw him was during a long rainy night. The clock ticked eleven p.m., which was cutting close to the restaurant closing time. Since it was a weekday, the restaurant barely had any customers. I worked at a small Chinese restaurant called Sea Dragon, where we served the best chicken dumplings and roast egg rolls in town; that's what the restaurant was popular for, and people loved visiting here all the time.

My co-worker, Kathy, had left early tonight because she had a date. She'd requested me to cover for her, begging me with her puppy eyes, and I eventually gave in. Kathy usually did favors for me too. Thus, I was left alone with Diego who seemed to be mopping a puddle of Coke that a kid had spilled a few minutes back off the floor. He gave me a tired smile, a smile that indicated the impending doom of Friday, knowing full well that it was going to be hella crowded. We barely had time to breathe on a weekend.

We were almost done cleaning all the tables when suddenly, Sam, the chef walked out of the kitchen frantically. Worry was written all over his face. He had never seemed so agitated before, so this was clearly something serious.

"What's wrong, Sam?" I inquired.

"It's my daughter," he replied. "My wife was telling me on the phone that Lily is being rushed to the hospital because she's running a high fever. I... I need to go."

"You can't!" Diego interrupted. "It's still an hour before closing. What if there's another customer?" He threw me a look.

"Can't you guys just manage for one hour? Please." Sam's pleading eyes turned towards me. "I need to be with my daughter."

I nodded. "We will manage." I placed my hand on his back, giving it a reassuring pat. "You can go."

"What? Are you nuts?" Diego shrieked. "If Manager Jeff finds out, we are going to get our asses handed back to us. And we could get fired!"

"Jeff doesn't need to know," I said. "It's just one hour. No one's going to walk in at this time"

Diego sighed and resumed his work. His face was going red. It looked like he was going to burst a vein or two. Sam packed his stuff and stormed out of the door, thanking me for the millionth time. I watched from the window as he settled into his old Honda civic and pulled out of the parking lot.

Fifteen minutes after Sam left, the little restaurant bell dinged, indicating there was a customer. I knew that if it was just one person or perhaps a couple, I could manage, but in walked three men in suits and occupied a table near the window. One of them was Asian, the other was a lanky redhead, and the third, by the window, looked younger than the two. I approached their table with a smile, and they probably noticed I didn't have a menu card in my hand.