The Werewolf In The Closet..27

Chapter 27

Loren's POV

     I growled at the thought of Cornell taking Ady away from me. Boy, would I hunt him down. I felt Ady stretch her long legs out before quietly cuddling back into my chest, a small smile forming on her pink lips.

     I love Ady. I really do, and I would stop anything or anyone that would try to harm her. Carnell isn't trying to harm her, though. At least I hope not. He's just trying to take her away from me.

     But what's confusing is that Carnell knows that she's my mate, but instead he still thinks that she's his - whatever he thinks she is to him. He's a confusing moron.

     I don't know why I couldn't sleep. I guess I'm worried for Ady. And her family. Her parents are sleeping in the guest room downstairs. Of course, Ady was going to sleep in my room with me. Unfortunately, Ady's belongings and clothes and other things got burned down in the fire and we were unable to reach anything else. She's wearing a few of my T-Shirts, which she looks so hot in. She washes her only undergarments in our washer and dryer every two days.

     Mel, R.Jay, and Darren sleep in the roomy basement. We have couches and pillows and heat down there for them. Not that Mel would really need the heat that much.

     And as for Kenny, Brad and Aaron they are sleeping in the living room, as usual. Yep, it's a full house.

     I'm paranoid. I keep thinking that what if Carnell actually gets what he wants. What if he actually gets Ady? What if I never saw her again? Thinking about the thought of Carnell taking her away from me made me growl again.

     "Loren?" Ady mumbled my name. "Are you okay?" Her eyes fluttered open and she looked at me tiredly. "What's wrong?" She started to sit up.

     There must have been a weird and blank look on my face for her to ask that question. "Nothing."

     She tilted her head to the side just like Vinny used to do. "It's not nothing. What is it?" She was fully awake now. "Is it Carnell?"

     I shrugged, looked down and then nodded.

     She sighed and cupped my face, forcing me to look at her into her beautiful blue eyes. "Don't worry about Carnell, Loren," she cooed. "Lets just worry about us, and how we're going to stay crumpled up into this house," she giggled.

     It made me smile a little.

     She kissed me softly on the lips, and pulled away but I brung her lips back to mine for another kiss. She smiled when we pulled back. "Are you okay?" she asked softly, again.

     I ran a hand through my hair. "I just need a walk." I started to get out of the bed.

     "Do you want me to come with you?' she quickly asked me, concern in her eyes.

     I do. I really do, but I just need a moment to myself. I shook my head no, and she gave a faint smile.

     "Don't be long," she whispered.

     I gave her another peck on the lips. "I won't be long, sweetheart."

~~~~~~~~

     The sun was coming up. The sky was full of light blue and a few orange. I put my hands in my pocket and continued strolling down the street. The morning breeze felt good flowing through my hair, blowing my bangs out of my eyes. I looked into the forest across from me.

     When was that last time I changed? Oh right, it was yesterday when we interacted with Carnell. Not really a good memory. I still have the scar from when he scratched Ady yesterday. I actually still have both scars from when he scratched her a long time ago.

     That reminds me. How was he able to kiss her without me feeling anything? Wait, I said that wrong. I felt something; hatred. Maybe I should just forget about that. That was a while back ago. But I can't get over that, though.

     He kissed her. Why would he do that when he know she was my mate? Why would he do that when I was right in the room with them? I wouldn't ask him that because he might just come up with some lame shit.

     The sun was almost fully up so I decided to turn back around and head home.

     But a scent stopped me dead in my tracks.

     It smelled my mud, milk, blood and cologne.

     Carnell.

     Before I could stop myself, I was sprinting home as fast as my human legs could carry me. When I spotted the house, I ran faster, if that's even possible for me.

     He better not be-

     I threw open the door and his scent was up my nose completely now. I ran upstairs, busted open the door and Kenny was in my room, growling.

     I didn't see Ady, and my window was open.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "What the flying fuck, man?!" I yelled so loud that everyone in the living room jumped to their feet. I paced back and forth, furiously, running my hand through my hair over and over again. Soon, Mel was awake and my parents and Ady's parents were too.

     "What in the world is going on here?" Ady's mother yawned.

     "Carnell took Ady," Kenny exclaimed.

     Everyone, and when I say everyone, I mean everyone, in the whole room gasped. Mel, Brad, Kenny, Aaron, my parents and Ady's parents; all gasped in shocked and chorused, "WHAT?!"

     Ady's Mom started hyperventilating and her husband guided her back to the guest room to try and calm her down. I heard her say, "Oh, not Ady too!"

     I was shaking my head back and forth so much I'm surprised I didn't get so fucking dizzy.

     Oh my gosh, man! How did I let this happen?! He took my fucking mate! Everyone was silently talking to themselves when I just sat on the floor, pulled my knees up to my chest and started rocking back and forth. 

     This is the most horrible day of my entire life!

     He fucking got what he want.

     He took my fucking soul mate!

     That son of the bitch!

     I didn't notice that tears were streaming down my face until Mel kneeled next to me with Kleenex. "Loren. Loren, you're arm!"

     I looked down at my arm and noticed a dark purple bruise, in the shape of a hand. Carnell's hand. He's fucking torturing her, man!

     He took my mate. I'm not gonna be normal.

     He took Ady. "Goddammit," I mumbled and sniffled. I ignored the angry tears that ran down my face. I ignored what Mel was trying to say to me and only thought about one thing:

     I'm so gonna kill that fucking bastard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~