The Werewolf In The Closet..12

Chapter Twelve

Loren's POV

     The next day, I met Ady at school. I smiled at her, but when she smiled back, it wasn't the smile I loved. It was something else. Scared, perhaps? I don't know, but I didn't like it.

     When the day was over, I caught up with her walking by herself. "Ady, what's wrong?"

     "I don't know," she wrapped her arms around herself.

     "Ady?"

     "I think someone was in Vinny's room," she said, tears forming in her eyes.

     "Who?" I asked. "Ady, do you know?"

     "No," she said. "I don't want him involved more than he already is."

     "What happened? What did you see?"

     "I saw paw-prints, and they weren't Pepsi's," she said tears streaming down her face. "I don't want him to get hurt, Loren, I really don't." I pulled her against me and she cried in my arms while I stroked her hair and whispered to her, "It's going to be okay." Even though, it might not.

----------------------------

     I insisted on coming to her house and going into Vinny's room, so that I could smell a scent and see if I know it. The room smelled of bleach, like they cleaned out the prints, but I could still smell it.

     "Do you know the smell?" she asked, looking at me with red eyes.

     "A little. I recognize it from the woods. I always smell the same scent in the woods, but I never knew what it was. Whatever is in the woods, might be after Vinny, or you." Okay, maybe that was a dumb-ass thing to tell her, and I thought she might break down into tears again. Instead, she nodded. I sighed and I pulled her close to me, hugging her, and let her know I will always be here for her.

     "I have a picture," she said. I followed her to her room where she carefully grabbed the sheet of paper on her desk. She faced it to me. "This paw-print was everywhere, on the carpet, some on the walls, on his bed, and on this sheet of paper."

     The paw-print was big, almost like a bears, and you could see the nail-print above the toes. It was brown, like it stepped into some mud. But I also recognize the paw. I saw it in the dirt in the woods. Whatever is out there, it knows about Ady and Vinny.

 ------------------

     Ady let me stay for a while. Okay, she wanted me to stay, so we watched a movie. Of course, I let her pick it out.

     "Tangled!" she said while putting the disk in and hitting play. She crawled over to the couch and made herself really comfortable.

     On the part when Rapunzel sang, I heard Ady sing along right beside me. I had to admit, she was pretty good. Oh, who am I kidding? She was perfect and awesome! "Flower gleam and glow; Let your power shine. Make the clock reverse; Bring back what once was mine."

     I glanced at her, and she kind of stopped singing and went to humming. "It's okay." I half-smiled.

     She smiled, but continued to sing. I wanted to reach over there and grab her hand and start singing along with her like Flynn Rider was doing right now. But, damn, that would be kind of messed up.

     I actually can relate to this movie. I mean, I don't really know if Ady has a dream, but I can relate to this song.

     When the movie was over, Ady took it out.