Just Bitten Chapter Two

I slip it in-between Mina and Jacoby’s locker and turn around and walk into the hallway were they were waiting.

“What took you so long?” Marcus asked huffing as he put one of his headphones in his ear.

“Unfinished business.”I said simply and look at hi. The scared man knew what I was talking about.

“What?”

“She wrote a letter to her friends that she is leaving behind, no one ever knows if they’re ever coming back.” The scared man said loudly. “Lets move.” Cade wrapped an arm around my waist and walked with me into the bus where he sat down with me. We all sat down as the bus driver started the bus and began driving. There was silence...And I’m pretty sure that no one wanted to break it because we were all enveloped in our wn thoughts.

Soon enough I find myself leaning against Cade, my bag on the ground next to our feet, his arms enveloped around me, protecting me. “I will tell you, I was the beta of the last pack that lived in this territory. I was given information about you, and I hand picked each and every one of you. You were the only 12 that matched with each other perfectly. Strength, agility, mating. But I can tell you; I was a bit surprised when I saw you, Rayna Graham. The younger groups and yet you excelled in everything you did. But strength. But your speed, faster than most werewolves in the perfect conditioning and age. Your intelligence, rivals your grandfathers, though, you have issues keeping your mouth shut when you are annoyed. Your mate should show you how to do that.” I did my best to keep back a growl from the man and I glaired.

”No I do not.”I snapped. Cade’s grasp hardened around me and he rubbed my side lightly and I bit my bottom lip. “Cade, you are just like your father. You’re angry and hatred for Demons is in your blood. They killed your mother. They killed your brother. They killed your twin sister. You search for answers that will never come. You keep your mouth shut when you shouldn’t yet your yearning to protect is what keeps you here, is what makes you an Alpha. Yoru a spitfire and you know that.” I heard a throaty growl erupt as I grip onto his arm, pulling myself into his chest.

“Its alright…” I mutter into his neck. He pulls me into his lap, stopping himself from attacking the man.

“And yet, you two bring two spectrums together. Rayna, you have one thing in common with every female here: the want to please your mate. It is what will bring you together. Cade, and with your want to protect your mate as well as the yearning in your testosterone that makes you want to kill Demons or anything that will attack anything you love, it brings the males together. It will keep this pack together when it threatens to fall apart. I will tell you that much.” He gives a jagged grin.

“We’re here.” The Bus driver said simply and pulled into a small driveway that led up a hill.It was a large grassy plane with mountains bordering from one side and forest to the other. “Dragons in the mountains.” He said curtly. I grab my bag and stand up. They all stand up around me. “Those six cabins are yours. They go by number. Alpha, one, Beta, two, third, fourth, fifth, omega… you get it?” He says, smirking at the both of us.

“Alpha’s… By the way, your crap is in the houses, set up by your parents. They left a while ago. Good bye, so long!Hope you actually get to come back” He said in a fake sing songy voice. We filed out and stared at each other.

“Pierson, Marcus, keep a look out in the sky. The rest of you, watch your step.” Cade ordered as he stood at the door helping Us out. I only shake my head.

“Dragons only come out at night, and that is only once every twenty nine days to feed. And they come out together. If anything, we need to make a calendar and keep track of when they come out and make sure that we are on high alert that day. But as for now, we are fine. Even if they were out, they are not strong enough. They only have strength at night but at the end of twenty-nine days, they are done mating and spend the whole night feeding on any human that stumbles its way into their path.” They all stare at me like I’m nuts. I only sigh and take out my book on Dragons. Each important part was sticky marked. Red was eating habits; I open the book to that page and hand it to Cade. He looks up at me after reading.