Surprises.

Zayn slowly walked towards Niall's front door, making sure he was quiet enough so Niall's cries could be heard from where he was standing. His heart broke at the fact that his Niall, his angel, his happiness, was crying. And he was crying because of this monster that Zayn had become.

"No, NO!", Niall cried out at Zayn, hearing his footsteps come up the stairs, "don-don't come in here! I-I'm not safe to be around right now!"

Hearing Niall's voice, hearing the croakiness of it, hearing how he sounded so devastated that Zayn was here, made him want to turn around. But he didn't, for the sake of his lat chance of fixing things with Niall.

"Stop right th-there!", Niall sobbed out, "I-..I'll call the police if you don't stop!" Zayn crept up the stairs, making a right, and slowly entered Niall's room. He saw, the most fragile, innocent, human being that he'd never seen in Niall.

He was hurt, he was broken, he was... Alone. In this big house, Niall was all by himself. And Zayn, he wanted to comfort him. But he didn't know how to, because he just didn't grow up the way normal kids did.

------------------------------

Niall was shaking, he was afraid, he was terrified, a monster was coming up the stairs; another monster. He was going to hurt him, he was going to kill him. Niall had grew up in a safe environment, his parents always loved him, but his "imperfection" always separated him from them.

Gay, Faggot, Homo, things Niall was used to being called... by his parents. Added onto the countless threats he gets each day, and just the struggle to stay alive, it wasn't a walk in the park. At least, for Niall it wasn't. He'd always stare at his neighbors, watching them embrace their son, watching them accept their son, watching them love their son.

It was a weird feeling that Niall got, watching the neighbors. Almost as if he wanted to be a part of their family. But instead, he got a pair of lousy parents, and a brother he didn't even know.

There were many nights when Niall wished he could end his life, where he could end this shitty, shitty life. But he didn't want to, because it meant defeat. It meant that the world won. He wasn't going to let that happen; he wanted to be the last one standing. He wanted to be the strongest of the strong. He wanted to be the victor, alone, or with someone else. He just wanted to win for once in his life.

---------------------------

"NIALL", Zayn shouted, banging on the door, "PLEASE, Just open the goddamn door!" It was hopeless at this point, and Zayn knew it. He'd been trying so hard the whole night. Even if it was just 5 minutes with Niall, he'd suffice.

With one turn of the door, Zayn managed to open it. "Idiot", he heard Niall mumble. Zayn chuckled, "yeah, but only for you".

Niall turned his head to look at Zayn, "what do you mean, for me?"

"I mean, that I'd do anything for you. I'd walk thousands of miles if it meant one chance with you, I'd run for days straight if you wanted me too. I'd get on one knee right now and ask you to marry me if that's what you wanted. Niall, I'm doing this all for you." Zayn said, it almost sounded like a whisper, but Niall heard it.

"I-... I don't know what to say Zayn", Niall said, flabbergasted by Zayn's random outburst of emotion.

"Well, then what about yes?" Zayn questioned. "Yes to what?", Niall asked, quite confused by all of what has happened that evening. "Yes, to a second chance for me. A second chance for us. A new start; Niall, doesn't that sound amazing?" Niall contemplated in his head for a moment.

"Well,-"

----------------------------

Louis walked down the alleyways, alone at night was never a safe thing to be. He knew what would happen if he ran, but he just wished that he'd be safe.

"Oi mate", he heard a hoarse voice from a corner of the alley, "what's a cutie like you doing here so late?" Louis thought he recognized the voice, but he didn't know for sure.

"Who are you?", Louis shouted frantically, "I have pepper spray with me!", in his last attempt to keep safe, he brought out his can of emergency pepper spray.

"Hey, hey, hey, don't worry Tommy, don't hurt him. I got this" a different, more mellow voice said.

'This is it', Louis thought, 'this is the end of my life'. And as Louis was preparing himself for the end, a boy with beautiful brown eyes emerged from the shadows. A smirk was plastered on his face as he walked up to Louis.

"So", the man blew softly onto Louis' ear, "whatcha doing here, babe". It made him tingly to hear a stranger call him babe, given that everyone hated him back at his old school. But now, there was a random man asking him some questions. And he was a hot random man at that.

"Err- uh- well-", The man laughed. Louis was such a wreck at this point. "I'll let you go back", the man slipped something into Louis' back pocket, squeezing his bum in the process. Louis let out a squeak, and the man gave a smirk of approval.

"Bye, babe", the man winked and left Louis, shocked, surprised, and a bit hard.

---------------------------

"Well- yes", Niall sighed. Maybe Zayn had changed for the better. Maybe everything was okay again.

Zayn smiled a bright smile and wrapped his arms around Niall's waist, picking him up and pecking his lips. "Thank you!"

Niall laughed, something he hadn't done in a long time. "Ok, ok, now go home and shower. You smell like wet dog", Zayn chuckled, "alright, bye beautiful", with one last peck on the cheek, Zayn was gone, and Niall was happy, for once in his life.

-----------------------------

Little did he know; it was all a joke.

-------------------------------

HI! SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN A LONG TIME. I LOVE YOU GUYS SO IM USING MY PHONE AT SCHOOL TO UPDATE AND MY TEACHER IS YELLING SO BYE HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE CHAPTER.