Saved by the Deranged Duo

Well, I don't know why I came here tonight
I got the feeling that something ain't right
I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair
And I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you
Yes, I'm stuck in the middle with you
And I'm wondering what it is I should do
It's so hard to keep this smile from my face
Losing control, yeah, I'm all over the place
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you
~Stuck in the Middle with You ~ Steelers Wheel~

"Get back here, you little wrench!"

"Not a chance, loser!" I shout back.

Caught me at a bad time, huh? Well, I'm currently running away from a group of thugs. The reason? I just stole some of their food, money, and maybe a little bit of name calling was involved as well.

Name's Aura Evans, though nobody knows my name, nor do I tell anyone. I usually make one up. Ran away from Central City about 7 months ago to Gotham City.

In that time frame, I've learned how to somewhat fight, but being 11 doesn't really help much in the strength department even with my powers. Also, being 5'1" isn't much help either. I don't like to rely on my powers. It could draw unnecessary attention. Especially being in Batman's territory. He doesn't allow metas in Gotham.

They end up surrounding me, raising their weapons.

"Now we got you surrounded, brat," a man says. "Time to pay for what you did."

"Alright, fine. Take it back." I stuff their food and money in my backpack, tossing it on the ground in front of the closest man.

He grins, stepping over the bag a little closer. "It's a little late for that."

"Oh? Then that means more fun for me." Pushing a little speed into my movements, I quickly rid them of their weapons from their hands while they're distracted. I smirk triumphantly... before they just pull out spares. "Shit, I didn't think of that."

"Nice try, girly," another man says.

They all come at me at once, tapping a bit more into my speed, I easily dodge. Instead, they smack into each other. "You didn't see that coming? That was obviously going to happen. I jump above when you all came at me, causing you to run into one another. How stupid can you get?"

"You little!" the man growls and suddenly smirks as if getting an idea.

"Geez, you have so many gaps in your teeth it looks like your tongue is in jail!" I shout, distracting him from forming any sort of plan. I stick my tongue out in disgust. "Nasty!"

"You, bitch!"

I swiftly kick the guy in the throat and backflip onto the shoulders of the guy behind me, grabbing hold and flinging him into a third guy. The last guy tries slicing his knife at me, but I simply slap it away before jabbing him in the throat.

I dust my hands off with a satisfied grunt, propping them on my hips. I bask in my accomplishment, looking over the large men. "Well, that was entertaining while it lasted," I sigh, scooping up the discarded bag and heading down the street. "What to do now..."

It doesn't take two seconds before a creepy old man makes his way towards me.

"Hey, what's a girl like you hanging out in the streets this late at night?" his creepy voice comes from behind. "You looking for something fun to do? We could go back to my place and slip into bed."

I look over my shoulder at the despicable man. "Why don't you slip into something more comfortable, like a coma." I spin kick him hard in the throat. It throws him back into the nearby building, creating an indent. I feel as if I heard nearby laughter, but I disregard it as the crazy voice in my head. "Disgusting." I continue down the street when I lock eyes with someone familiar. "I just can't get a break tonight, can I?"