9/11

I was going about my normal day working in the towers. My office was in the middle of the South Tower, so I had a nice view. I was sitting down on my desk, booting up my computer and drinking my coffee, when I saw a plane flying low towards the North Tower. I thought that maybe my eyes were just playing tricks on me, that maybe the plane was flying higher than I thought. I was up late that night working at home, so I wouldn't have been surprised if I was just too tired and seeing things. A couple minutes later, I looked out my window again and saw the plane flying low still. That's when I knew there was a problem. I was about to notify someone when there was a big explosion and I saw flames going up from the tower. I gasped and stood still, horrified by what was happening. I heard an announcement to evacuate the towers, but I was too stunned to do anything. When I finally got myself together, I went and helped people evacuate. I was getting ready to evacuate myself, but there were too many stairs to go down, and I just couldn't do it. By this time, a plane had already hit the South Tower, and I had to say the most heartbreaking goodbye to the world. So many thoughts were rushing through my head. How will my family survive without me? Had I lived a good enough life to spend the rest of my time with Jesus? Will I be remembered, or just a distant thought? Would I even have a proper funeral? I stopped thinking of everything, and rushed to my window. It had been shattered, with enough room for a person. I thought one last thing, a prayer. Thank you Jesus for my life. Thank you for letting me know you. Thank you for everything. I took a running start and dove out the window. My life flashed before my eyes, and I heard a voice, the best voice, the most amazing voice, saying, "Come to me, my child."